Would a dual rec work with a generic footswitch or would you need a mesa one? I've got a generic "Johnson" brand switch that works with Marshalls, but I was wondering if it would work with a mesa too.
Nope. Mesa amps have a proprietary cable that looks something like a midi cable. Why do you care anyway, Mesa amps come with footswitches...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
why would i buy one new? way too expensive when i could go used for 800$ less. and used ones aren't guaranteed to come with a footswitch.
If you're buying one of the higher end ones you better make sure it comes with one or I wouldn't even bother buying it unless it's an extremely good deal.

The cheaper amps' footswitches cost $100 or higher new. I'd make sure you buy one with a footswitch. I could've bought a Mark IV with brand new tubes, still packaged in the box from Eurotubes for $1100, but it didn't come with a footswitch. To me, that amp was then worth about $900 at most, the footswitch costs $240 new.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.