my friend has had a bass for about a year now with no amp (not sure why), and now he's finally decided he wants to get one,i suggested he didnt go and buy a cheapo one from a pawn shop and i offered to help him find a decent one so the question bestowed upon the bass forum is...

what would be the best begginer amp for around £80?

i know its not alot but thats all he has and he really wants to get started up properly.

can't really tell you a genre he plays becuase he's still a begginer really, so any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if theres hundreds of these threads, the searchbar returned nothing,
thankyou
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I played a Fender Rumble 30(?) today, and it sounded really clear and good. I was playing a Squier Jazz, and the amp is only $250.
my bad , ive found the list in the stickies, the Kustom KBA16X and Orange Crush CR20B
look good, which would you say would be best ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
crate bt25
- 25 watts
- 10" speaker
- built in tuner
- distortion channel
- octave effect
- low/low mid/hi mid/high EQ
- built in limiter

got mine for $110 on ebay including shipping
Quote by Urban1ninja
crate bt25
- 25 watts
- 10" speaker
- built in tuner
- distortion channel
- octave effect
- built in limiter

+1
The BTs aren't half bad. Better than the Peavey models in that range anyway. There's also a 10 watt model.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by Urban1ninja
crate bt25
- 25 watts
- 10" speaker
- built in tuner
- distortion channel
- octave effect
- built in limiter

+2

Good stuff. I used one for a long time. Although, when did they add a limiter?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Like Delirium said, there's a list of these in the FAQ.

To help you out a bit because it's evidently such hard work clicking on the FAQ:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11898289&postcount=10
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^ its evidently such hard work reading my second post, but thanks anyways it links right to the correct post.

and thanks guys for all the help how does the BT25 compare to the Kustom or Orange ?

edit: bt25's abit too expensive for him lol its £115
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by admbwr at Apr 1, 2008,
well, he probably set a budget. I know I did when I first started. I bought only the stuff that I could afford with the money I set aside. This way you dont go crazy when you are first starting out. I could have easily walked out of the music shop with $1000USD of gear, but there was only $200 in my budget
no no no, all i was saying is that he might have set a budget. Then i went on to explain what my budget was and why i didn't spend more. If you don't stop yourself from spending another £35, what stoping you from spending another £70? or £100
i think theres a limiter in it. i may be wrong. but i know its in the bt220 model.
and i dont think theres a bt10, i think its a bt15.
ill speak to him but i doubt it, he's paying off a months holiday in florida at the moment so i doubt he'l have the money.
its probably still between the custom and the orange at the moment as the reviews ive read seem pretty decent and they're both within his price range, the kustom looks better to me with its celestion and whatnot but he likes the idea of having a bright orange amp lol so i need to find some more info out on both
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT