I don't really like the thread in the modern rock forum that much, and I feel they belong here moar.

so, love em. Mellon Collie, Gish, Adore, Siamese Dream = Great
Machinas and Zeitgeist=Bad
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
^way to be an asshole, I want to discuss SP with people I'm more familiar with - the alt/indie regulars.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Greatest band ever.

^way to be an asshole, I want to discuss SP with people I'm more familiar with - the alt/indie regulars.

Srsly. Who wants to discuss SP with people who worship Foo Fighters and Alice in Chains in the Modern rock forum.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I like Foo Fighters
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They're not bad but they're not anything special either.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

^this has been done before (see Velvet Underground and Springsteen threads)
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Mellon Collie is a great album.

I think Zero is a fantastic song.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Smashing Pumpkins are great. I used to love them in like 8th grade. But like a month ago I ripped some out and jammed 'em. Fun stuff.

Quote by bah humbug

true that.

it stays.
Weeeee don't eeeeeeven care, as restless as we are.

I actually don't listen to as much Smashing Pumpkins as I would like to, or probably should.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
^ well, you should start to because they're amazing.

i have gish, siamese, and mellon collie. all 3 are really great.
Adore is really underrated IMO
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
The early demos and stuff from the eighties is quite good not really rock but more pop/psychodelic.
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
I gotta say... my problem with getting into this band is the overwhelming amount of material they got out there. I absolutely loves the Greatest Hits CD, although I heard quite a few times that they left off a bunch of really good songs. I haven't really gotten into their albums though... anything you guys would recommend to start with? Preferably their lighter/indie-er side, rather than stuff like Heavy Metal Machine...

Also I saw these SP live last October... one of the best shows I've ever been to.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
for years i've avoided them because of people like this
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
*reported*

but i remember liking the stuff they did in the mid 90's. so if i were to put all my time and effort into one album, what should it be?
I have siamese dream on vynal, they were one of my favorite bands for a long time.

Although i really didn't enjoy the new album very much, for me adore, mellon collie, and siamese dream are tied for my favorite.
what a great band
don't know what to say love em

saw them on there recent tour i know not that cool but jimmy and billy still got it
just wish darcy and james were there and they didn't play any new song
Quote by uhh_me?
Mellon Collie was my album in high school.

its amazing one of the albums that changed the way i listened to music

i got gish and simase dream on vinyl but still looking for mellon collie
won't be easy though
*hijacks*

The main appeal with The Smashing Pumpkins is they have a wide variety of songs, one for each emotion and style of music you like. Plus they really do put so much into their songs and albums. And I would make love to Billy Corgan.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
*hijacks*

The main appeal with The Smashing Pumpkins is they have a wide variety of songs, one for each emotion and style of music you like. Plus they really do put so much into their songs and albums. And I would make love to Billy Corgan.

What he said except for maybe the the last part......
also i just gotta say your avatar is crazy
Quote by RSOB Bass

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55

E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
I love this band, even their new cd. United Stated, For God and Country, Bleeding the Orchid, it definitely had some cool songs IMO.

I need everyones help though. I have most of their cds, but I listen to them all on shuffle and cant hardly distinguish which cd is which. If I was to listen to only two or three of their cds, which should they be? Also, I like their more rocking songs, generally the harder the better. Any suggestions?
Theres no need to apologize for the riot in your eyes
Quote by Uber-rocker
Oi!! I'm a Mod Rocker...

I think he was talking about the annoying RHCP/Grunge Pack.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed Zeitgeist. Not as much as Mellon Collie or Siamese but I don't think its that bad at all. Why does everybody hate it?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by elcapitan1800
I love this band, even their new cd. United Stated, For God and Country, Bleeding the Orchid, it definitely had some cool songs IMO.

I need everyones help though. I have most of their cds, but I listen to them all on shuffle and cant hardly distinguish which cd is which. If I was to listen to only two or three of their cds, which should they be? Also, I like their more rocking songs, generally the harder the better. Any suggestions?

Listen to Gish and Siamese Dream. Gish is sort of Psychodelic loud Rock and Siamese Dream is more the typical alternative Pumpkins as we know it both are great and mostly have rockers on them with some slow songs as well
Quote by RSOB Bass

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55

E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by elcapitan1800

you should really just listen to each cd has a whole
like how they are ment to be listened to
my favorite band ever for some reason, but corgan has really lost the emotion all his songs used to have. hes singing now because he can, not because he wants to.
Quote by TheDudeman
my favorite band ever for some reason, but corgan has really lost the emotion all his songs used to have. hes singing now because he can, not because he wants to.

youtube the song "if all goes wrong", its a new one not released yet... he played it when i saw pumpkins a few weeks ago.. it was f*cking amazing, i thought it was pretty "emotion" filled... stellar is also one of my favorites out of their new ones

anyway..

can someone please tell me how billy corgan gets that long extended feedback type sound in Porcelina? it would b much appreciated..
Zeitgeist is like listening to the everlasting gaze over and over and over again so i don't like it...
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.
Quote by Slashrulz
Zeitgeist is like listening to the everlasting gaze over and over and over again so i don't like it...

Everlasting Gaze is a good song, but Zeitgeist is boring
Quote by Guns N' r0ses