hello all. i made an acoustic cover of under the bridge. used audacity, so im not very happy with the recording quality, but check it out, its in my profile, tell me what you think of the playing. c4c
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
The song is boring enough without lyrics, the fact that you slowed it down just made it worse.

Sounds like you're having problems with the intro, imo its the most difficult part of the song to play aswell.
if you are going to post listen to the whole thing please. its not slowed down after the intro...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
HORRIBLE!
JK,
i liked it. im tired of all the under the bridge covers with singing to be honest so a nice slowed down version was refreshing.(picked up a bit in the middle which was nice to)
btw, i really really liked the slide improv.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Work on getting the intro speed up, one string might be a wee bit out of tune, or I may just be imagining things. Overall its pretty good. You caught alot of the nuances in the strumming pattern, but the recording quality defeats the playing. Try to change something to balance the sound out a bit.

theres some stuff on my profile, C4C if you have the time...
well i didn't want to be a dick about it but ok..

i could tell you were having problems with the intro by listening to you play for 5 seconds.. im not in this to return critique or anything.. im doing you a favour by listening to it.

I relistened, just because you got pissy with me. At the second part of the first verse, where the playing gets more interesting you most definantly don't have the smooth transition down. The timing was there (sort of) but it didn't flow well at all. I don't play the chords frusciante style, i just do a full bar chord to limit finger movement.

So what do you want me to say? It wasen't very good
Quote by hawk5211
Work on getting the intro speed up, one string might be a wee bit out of tune, or I may just be imagining things. Overall its pretty good. You caught alot of the nuances in the strumming pattern, but the recording quality defeats the playing. Try to change something to balance the sound out a bit.

theres some stuff on my profile, C4C if you have the time...

as for the intro i decided to play it slower, lol, bad idea because everyone is commenting on it but yea, the recording quality is definatley bad. i could probabaly try possitioning the cheap mic diferently, or something? if anybody else uses audacity with a cheap mic has any tips on helping the sound, mainly background noise, im willing to listen.
Quote by Gabel
Well okay, so the intro was meant to be slowed down. It sounds like you're having trouble with it and therefore slowed it down.
Good work with the hammer ons and pull offs while strumming and all that. I can hear many open strings getting strummed though.
You're good
Oh, and don't listen to Peaceful Rocker - He isn't so peaceful :/
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
If it was good i would have told him good job, and left it at that.

By not pointing out its subpar i'd be hurting him, your playing wasen't smooth.. you sounded like you were having problems with the verse.. you're hitting the notes right but you aren't playing it fluently
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
well i didn't want to be a dick about it but ok..

i could tell you were having problems with the intro by listening to you play for 5 seconds.. im not in this to return critique or anything.. im doing you a favour by listening to it.

I relistened, just because you got pissy with me. At the second part of the first verse, where the playing gets more interesting you most definantly don't have the smooth transition down. The timing was there (sort of) but it didn't flow well at all. I don't play the chords frusciante style, i just do a full bar chord to limit finger movement.

So what do you want me to say? It wasen't very good

good job sparky, you listened up to the first verse this time. you fail fail to explain why it was not very good...
Quote by Gabel
I think he just hates people who appreaciate good music or something... he's an asshole
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by RatmN'Roses
HORRIBLE!
JK,
i liked it. im tired of all the under the bridge covers with singing to be honest so a nice slowed down version was refreshing.(picked up a bit in the middle which was nice to)
btw, i really really liked the slide improv.

thank you kind sir
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I was only trying to help, its not fluent... it could be played much better.

damnit sparky, if you wanted to help we all know what you could do for me ... i mean what the?!?

but in all seriousness, i am aware it could be played better. all the parts were the first take except one. i just wanted ball park feed back on a ruff(get it? your name is sparky) cover.
Quote by Gabel