I usually play in Drop D and standard tuning and I tried to tune my guitar to Drop C and the strings were so loose it was almost impossible to play. How do I fix this and is it a problem with my guitar or my strings?
I love ESP
strings, if you are going to tune down to drop C or B then u should get around .54 strings, thicker if you want, but i find they do the trick
If you're playing in Drop B, you could slap on a .54 (or thicker depending on prefrence) because thats what the 7-string sets with 9's in them use.
You may have to make mods to the bridge and the nut. The only guitar I've ever played in B had a nut on it with a piece that screwed down on top of it to hold it in place. The nut itself also had wider ridges to hold the thicker strings. Hope this helps. ^_^
Quote by RPGoof
If you're playing in Drop B, you could slap on a .54 (or thicker depending on prefrence) because thats what the 7-string sets with 9's in them use.

Most 7-strings also have longer scale lengths than 6-strings, which affects strings tension. .054 (thousands, not hundredths) is fairly thick and would probably work, but thicker is an even better bet.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I have 11-54 for drop B on my iceman, the 54 would be the only string that could use a bit of tightening up, but even then i would probably only go to a 56. Bear in mind I like my guitar to have a dirty rock sound to it so for a really tight metal sound you probably want about 12-58
Quote by binkythefurious
I have 11-54 for drop B on my iceman, the 54 would be the only string that could use a bit of tightening up, but even then i would probably only go to a 56. Bear in mind I like my guitar to have a dirty rock sound to it so for a really tight metal sound you probably want about 12-58

or even thicker... The B-string on my 7 is 59, and it's a bit loose for my taste. I say something like 60 or 62 should be perfect
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball