Hey,

just got hold of a Gibson SG Std and am going to change the bridge pickup to a SD '59 (mainly for looks. I love the open pickup style look).

Anyway, the bidge pickups on SG's are up so high that (I think) when I put in this new p.u. it'll be ugly as all hell - being that you'll be able to see part of the underside of the p.u.

So question being, do I need to get some sort of cover or ribbon to mask the sides of the p.u or anything to make it look decent?
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
u can lower the pickups, it doesn't have to stick out. the same happened with my sg special. the screws on either side of the pup adjust height.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yeah I know I can lower etc but I want this p.u. to be within decent reach of the strings like the stock p.u.
peter

in that case lower the action too- take off the strings and turn the wheels under the bridge. the strings will be lower, thus keeping the pup in good reach of the strings.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
hmmm touche. The action is low but could go a bit further down.
I'll give it a go and get back to you.
peter

if the action is that low an the pup is that high... then how is Gibson setting up the guitars in the factory?? ...sometimes things just dont make any sense
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Yeah I know. Looked odd to me but I haven't had much experience with Gibsons, especially SG's. Looked odd but sounds f-ing brilliant so figured I'd keep that setup.
Guess I'll mess around with it.
peter