Page 1 of 2
Here's a thread for discussion for Class of '08, since we are all getting ready to graduate.

And I also have a question; Do you guys think it's sad to miss your prom? I'm not going to mine. Finding a date would be hard for me, but not impossible. The main reason that I'm not going, though, is because I cannot pay for it with my job alone, because I just got my job recently, and my parents aren't doing good with money. I haven't asked them, but I know that they won't be able to pay for prom, and if they could, it would just be for a very small portion, and probably not even a third of the expenses.

I've also never really seen prom as a huge deal like a lot of people do. It's not something I've given much thought to.
Well they might understand, being your last year of highschool and it being prom and all.
08 motha fucka's
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's not bad to miss prom... a lot of my friend's aren't going. It's important to me to go, I dunno... it feels kind of like a traditional thing to me. Logically I know it doesn't make sense to feel that way.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
That's sad to hear man. I know how you feel, but I am lucky that my parents can afford to pay for mine. If you work really hard and such, you should go. Borrow a suit from someone in your family maybe? I think it's going to be really fun if you go, mainly because it's going to be the last time you're going to see alot of people.
Quote by goldmember1217
Class of 2010 for me.
Well then gtfo of our thread

I've been told that I'm going to prom. I'm not sure that I want to, but I'm being forced
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Well then gtfo of our thread

I've been told that I'm going to prom. I'm not sure that I want to, but I'm being forced

Why don't you just show&skip?
if you don't go to prom, you'll never lose it...
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by element4433
element4433, I didn't know that you have a vagina.
I'm not going because.

I'm a loser. :-(

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I'm not going to prom. I asked a cutiepie if she wanted to go, but she said no . I couldn't pull the, "It's just a dance" thing because she knew I liked her in the first place. Where are you guys going to school, and what for? I'm going to The Ohio State University and plan on majoring in Geography with a minor in Anthropology (or possibly double major. I'm not sure as to what I can handle).

My friends are yelling at me about the prom thing. I didn't go to any other dances, why should I start now? idunno either.

I have to pay for 100% of my schooling (except what I get from gov't/grants/scholarships)
double
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I might go if I can find a date( Im working on it), but even if I dont go I'll still have grad bash which seems more fun and laid back.
Woo. Class of '08.

I don't think it's a big deal that you're missing prom. I'd guess around a third of the people in my class won't go. And with my school, there isn't much to miss.

Random Question:
How many people are graduating from your school this year?
My Gear:

Agile AL-2000 (Tiger-Eye)
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric

Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer [Keeley Modded]
about 100 if the whole class graduates, which I doubt
I'll settle on 95 +/- 10
Now say his name.....
Quote by The Madcap
element4433, I didn't know that you have a vagina.
I don't but four people with vaginas are the ones forcing me
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Madcap, man, if you actually want to go to your prom...I'm sure you could have friends help you out, or get an advance, or pay your parents back, or get a discount from the school. There are always ways to get around these kinds of things. Remember, too, that you don't need a date.

Of course, that's only if you'd be upset if you missed it. I, for one, don't care either way. Haven't decided if I'm going to mine yet.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by element4433
I don't but four people with vaginas are the ones forcing me
Prom night is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
Quote by Gunpowder
Of course, that's only if you'd be upset if you missed it.
I think I'd be more upset by people at school or in the future feeling bad for me about not going, rather than missing the festivities.
Quote by The Madcap
reason that I'm not going, though, is because I cannot pay for it with my job alone.

I understand exactly what you mean. I am just getting a job now too, so I'm short on money and really don't wanna fork out my savings to go to prom, I would much rather some guitar equipment and stuff

But the problem for me is that theres this girl I kinda like and if we start dating any time soon, I'll bet she'll want to go to prom. So im in a tad bit of a dilemma. But I'll figure it out eventually.

As for your situation, I don't know how it is at your school, but at our school post prom is really big. Its less formal and you don't necessarily have to go out to some fancy exensive dinner and rent a tux and whatnot. So u might want to skip prom and just go to postprom if your school has a similar thing.

Quote by CaveatLector

Random Question:
How many people are graduating from your school this year?

I think we have a class size of 538, I'd assume most of them will graduate, but I dunno.

and as for where I'm goin next year, KU to study Aero Engineering
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Last edited by bigwilly at Mar 29, 2008,
Anyone get ranked?

It's quite the sham, considering marks can't differentiate as to whether the course is actually challenge or whether you can make high 90s/A+s without studying... But I digress.

14th, cool.

Doing engineering next year. Should be a rush.
Just borrow a suit from a family friend, and go. If you feel bad enough about it that you are making a thread, you obviously want to. Don't waste money on flowers or anything. I'm sure if you explain the situation to your (potential) date, she will understand and be totally cool with it.

Oh and to reply to the above poster, I'm ranked #3.
Quote by The Madcap
Prom night is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I'm not sure if i'm going to my prom
I'd kinda only be going because I feel I should

for one, I know i could probably get a date, but I'm considering going just with a group of friends and partying afterwards
If you take a date you are at least guaranteed company the whole night as opposed to taking nobody...

either way though, I'd just want to take a good friend of mine as a date
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
To PopNFlesh; Im 18th, but I dont care, I didnt know about ranking until a few months ago. A funny thing in my class is that the top 3 are seperated by .001.
Quote by PopNFresh07
Anyone get ranked?

It's quite the sham, considering marks can't differentiate as to whether the course is actually challenge or whether you can make high 90s/A+s without studying... But I digress.

14th, cool.

Doing engineering next year. Should be a rush.

19th.

I don't care about ranking either. "#1" is an arrogant ass who thinks he's smarter than everybody, yet he barely understands the physics and calculus we are doing. The top 10 in my school all cheat off of each other, only one or two of them deserve some sort of recognition.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
19th.

I don't care about ranking either. "#1" is an arrogant ass who thinks he's smarter than everybody, yet he barely understands the physics and calculus we are doing. The top 10 in my school all cheat off of each other, only one or two of them deserve some sort of recognition.

It's also dumb that you can take a bunch of easy classes in summer school, like gym classes, and because you have more credits, you get ranked higher, when someone who probably worked harder is deserves it
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by lordofthefood1
19th.

Well clearly they haven't been caught or can charm their way out of any situation. That and they know teamwork.
Do you know teamwork?
Quote by *NappyJ*
Well clearly they haven't been caught or can charm their way out of any situation. That and they know teamwork.
Do you know teamwork?

Nop, I just don't cheat.
ever

I don't really mind. I'd rather earn a grade instead of borrow one.
Now say his name.....
I'm not going to my prom either. It's in a month, and there are 4 concerts in may that I would much rather to go to. Plus the chances of me getting some are very slim. Also, I'm saving what ever money I have for a new amp. But I'm pretty glad I'm graduating with a 3.8 gpa ^_^
Quote by goldmember1217
Fine.

dont worry, ill be a class of '10 as well
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by lordofthefood1
Nop, I just don't cheat.
ever

I don't really mind. I'd rather earn a grade instead of borrow one.

Same here, I just like being a smartass.
Lawl. Class of 2008? Pfft. Class of 2009 > Class of 2008.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Big Willy, I assume you mean the University of Kansas. Which is cool. I was going to go there but found out that I'd enjoy a liberal art education much more. Are you from Kansas, and if so, where? Me though, I'm going to prom with my girlfriend. I wouldn't mind missing it though, not too important to me. Also, my class has 25 kids in it, being the largest class in the school by 10.
...naked.
I'm technically class of 08, but I graduated early. Am I still cool? =/

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Page 1 of 2