Hey,
Today's my birthday, and I got a fair amount of dough in the mail and from gifts (I think the cash flow is done though). I got about 100 dollars (i'm 17, and usually the money starts slowing down once you get older for some reason in my circle of relatives and friends). Anyways, i'll run to my local music store (not GC), and try out some pedals and stuff. I was thinking of getting a MXR 10 Band EQ or the BBE Sonic Stomp.
I was thinking I could try out the BBE and bring it home first (see how it works with my rig), and if I'm not a fan of it, I could just go back and get the EQ.
Buuuttt... I was also thinking of taking a gamble and getting the Behringer VT911 (the overdrive with the 12ax7 tube in it) located here: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHVT911
I don't want to fool around with the bigger one because I don't like noise gates and apparantly the bigger one is more for metal (I play the blooz).
Stock, apparently they are quite bad, but they're only 50 bucks, and I'll pick up a 15 dollar Bitmo kit on ebay (and i'll probably swap out the crappy tube for a tungsol)
Apparantly, the mods make it amazing.

Opinions? Something else I should buy?
Don't worry about me saving up for something bigger, because I already have a deal with someone to get something big (see first one in sig hehehe).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^That's what I thought.
But... the people who did the mods and the review after modding definitely weren't tonedeaf noobs. That's what i'm wondering.
I'm thinking it may be worth the risk, then I could sell it to friends.

^I've seen that before. Well, it's a different model, and people have tested (i've heard) that the tube actually glows and is connected. No LED's.
But, that may be false.
I wonder if there's a local store around me which carries them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 29, 2008,
^Thanks.
I was thinking the BBE anyways. My overdriven tone is a bit muffled, and hopefully the BBE will clear that up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yea dude, i remember you posted in my Sonic Stomp post. when i went to the guitar center by my house they were all out of stock. and i havent had a chance to run to the one by my college. and the one by school is closesd on sundays (damn bergan county still observing blue laws...)

anyway i remember when i tried it out when i wasnt thinking of buying it, it still blew me away. so i say go for it. the guy at GC i was talking to (not a total douche, pretty cool actually.) was explaining it to me, eventhough i already knew what it did. he says he has one on his pedal board and now he will never play without one.

plus, the Sonic Stom is the next thing i'm gonna buy once i get the 100 bucks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals