Left Wing (Change)
25 47%
Right Wing (Stay the same)
12 23%
Don't Care
15 28%
Voters: 53.
Left Wing. Change FTW!

EDIT:he talk of politics is full of talk of the left and the right, but what exactly is the difference between the two?
Well, the right wing tends to be associated more with 'conservative' values (with a small 'c')... the status quo and tradition. They tend to be me tougher on law and order than the left, and emphasise the importance of free trade and low taxation policies, often cutting tax when in power. A welfare state may be seen as important, but not the extent as for a more left wing society.
The right essentially plays up the role of the individual, and in an extreme right wing view, like atomism, there may be no society, but only a collection of individuals. Extreme right wing views are those such as fascism. Most governments these days move away from the right to the centre.
The left wing, on the other hand, is associated much more with what may be termed more liberal values, the role of society, and the community as a whole. Law and order policies tend to be more relaxed, taxation is increased by large amounts as they look to create a safety net and look after the poorer members of society through a more robust healthcare system etc. -tellmehowto.net
The autonomy and role of the individual is undermined much more in such a system, and the state plays a larger role in people's lives. Many governments of today occupy a centre-left position. These governments are more likely to experience poor law and order records, and declining success of businesses, due to the taxation policies and more relaxed approach to law and order.
An extreme left wing view is something like communism, which looks exclusively at the community as a whole, to the detriment of the individuals that constitute that community. Both extremes lead to very unpleasant systems under which to live.--tellmehowto.net
Last edited by nirvanafan666 at Mar 29, 2008,
lol wut?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by MustangMan311
Right. False hope FTL.

Totalitarianism FTW??

I flip flop. I guess that counts as both.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Right.

TIDE: "Change" and "stay the same" aren't very accurate descriptions...
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
X wing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
right
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i don't get it. i'll be tail wing.

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
chicken wing
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
lol @ chicken wing

Quote by //ANDREW\\
ok??

can sum 1 explain what the "wing" is?

As a generalization, left is liberal, right is conservative.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
left wing - i'm a fan of liberalism
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
i want the chicken wing... where is it?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Muphin
I flip flop. I guess that counts as both.

Agreed, but I really don't care too much anyways.

I'm also liking the chicken wing idea.
Quote by nirvanafan666
Left Wing. Change FTW!

Are you old enough to even vote? Do you even pay taxes yet? Are you some trendy idiot who is pretending like they know anything about politics because it's mainstream now?

Everyone wants change, and having the options be "left wing" and "right wing" is so broad it's hilarious. Can you even give a definition for either?

Another failure of a thread.
Nope. None at all.
The descriptions are a total fail.

In the US I would probably be labeled Moderate. Over here I'm definitely right wing.
Liberal economically, very right wing Socially.

I hate the american political system, and what I hate is our most people mislabel political tendencies and aren't well educated on social and economical matters (in the US). I know it's wrong to generalise, but there you go...

EDIT
BillieJoeFreak's summary of what right and left wing are is indeed pretty true in the US, but anywhere else in the world, and particularly in western Europe it would be considered total misconception.

One of the reasons of this is that Economically both parties in the US would be considered right wing in the rest of the world (they have very similar stances), and that the social conservative/liberal aspect is very particular (more importance to religion, america's short history, unique gun control, troops all over the world etc...)

I hope that was clear
Last edited by Anty 7 at Mar 29, 2008,
Water wing.

*booed off stage*

srsly.

Anarcho-Communist.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I find myself growing more right wing as i get older.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.