I am trying to learn Creeping Death and the main riff is driving me mad. I can alternate pick fine, I just can't get the damn PM'ed downpicked riff. Please help on how to improve my downpicking (as fast as the Creeping Death riff).
i know what uy mean man, it sscrewed me over 2... just play laong with the track

da da DA da da Da da da DAnanana
Isn't down picking supposed to be easier? It is for me at least.
If you're PMing, I find that down pick sounds better than up pick.
Try to move your wrist instead of your whole hand if you move your whole hand to pick.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Well, yeah that would be number one. I meant are there any exercises I can do with the tech. I am trying to learn?
practice, that's all there is to know. Master it slowly and gradually build the speed up over time...might take weeks, might take months, that's just the way it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just metronome it man. play 8th notes over a metronome and gradually increase the speed.
as teh almighty seagull said, practice.

You'll pick it up rather quickly if you playy all of your riffs with it. Though don't get too comfy with it, you'll have trouble alternate picking again.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Do it slower and then increase the tempo slowly

Ok, thank you. This is the best thing to do so far probably.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
as teh almighty seagull said, practice.

You'll pick it up rather quickly if you playy all of your riffs with it. Though don't get too comfy with it, you'll have trouble alternate picking again.

true true lol