how can people use these if they only have one channel?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
the JCM is just that awesome!!

anyway, with a tube amp, you don't need two channels, because with enough volume, overdrive is naturally created.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I'm actually going to answer seriously now, because I feel bad.

Some people don't use cleans, so a single channel is fine for them. You can also get a clean (well, cleaner at the very least) sound by rolling down your guitar's volume knob.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
How can you use an MG if it sounds like shit?

Aw man. He just hasnt learned yet lol!
It's a little thing called "owning more than one amp."

People don't buy every amp to be the be-all-end-all amp. There is no perfect amp, so most good guitarists will eventually collect a few different amps for their individual sound characteristics. My amp only has one channel and no master volume. I will definitely be buying another amp in the near future.

If it has only one channel but sounds farkin' amazing, are you really going to pass it up?
guys
he has a spider 3 too
/facepalm

depending on what styles you play and all that
more than one channel isnt really needed.
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by COBHC6
guys
he has a spider 3 too
/facepalm

depending on what styles you play and all that
more than one channel isnt really needed.

+1, to everything, including the facepalm..
Because that one channel sounds like heaven

Seriously, JCM800s have wonderful OD.

It would probably be a little worse if it had a second, third, or fourth (for some stupid reason) channel.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
between using an OD pedal and your guitars volume knob and/or pick-up selector, you can easily switch between different tones quickly. In fact, instead of switching from 1 to 10 with a multiple channel amp, you can dial in to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
Quote by Slaytanic1993

It would probably be a little worse if it had a second, third, or fourth (for some stupid reason) channel.

The Spider Amps have 4+ Channels. Which isn't need at all.
Quote by Mockingbird452
The Spider Amps have 4+ Channels. Which isn't need at all.

See my point.

1 - 2 channels = good
2 - 3 = okay
3 - 4 = you're pushing it
4+ =

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
See my point.

1 - 2 channels = good
2 - 3 = okay
4+ =

If you ask me 1 - 3 channels = good.
1 for clean, 1 for crunch, 1 for distortion.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
See my point.

1 - 2 channels = good
2 - 3 = okay
4+ =

Roadster (4), Road King (4), Mark IV (3), Bogner Ecstasy (3), 4 channel egnater something?
Quote by Geartrigger
Roadster (4), Road King (4), Mark IV (3), Bogner Ecstasy (3), 4 channel egnater something?

Those amps (as far as what i've heard, excluding the mark IV) have atleast one semi-weak channel.
I'd rather have 2 very strong channels....
OH WAIT
I do!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Axecutioner
My TV has hundreds of channels, that doesn't necessarily mean its good

LAWL! I just fell out of my chair. That is sigged...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by timi_hendrix

ahahahahah lmfao!

on the other hand how are these amps?been considering getting one.Are most jcm800's similar sounding or do they have there own attributes?(ive heard the 2203 is one of the more sought after ones,but idk.)
Last edited by TheIronTrooper at Mar 30, 2008,
oh gawd this thred is a phail. the guy owns a spider and an MG and asks why a JCM800 is great. simply listen! they arent the end all be all of amps, but they do pwn the hellz out of ur 2 amps
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
- Use pedals for od/distortion

- Volume pedal for brining down the signal when you crank the amp

- Roll down volume knob when you want cleans with amp cranked

- Switch pickups to one that has the volume already turned down when you want cleans

- Use an a/b switch to switch between amps with one clean and one overdriven
Quote by Geartrigger

In the end, it's all preference.

I don't like any of those amps you listed, so I stand by my opinion

Bold = key word

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by timi_hendrix

hahahhah owned MG and spider great combination :P
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by kool98769
Those amps (as far as what i've heard, excluding the mark IV) have atleast one semi-weak channel.
OH WAIT
I do!

A roadster or a roadking having a weak channel?
Those amps are amazing, all of the channels are pretty damn good. Amazing cleans, amazing distortion, amazing crunch.
just look at the possibilities of the roadster, all the different abilities, changing a single channel, not all the channels, just a single channel from 50 to 100 watts, independent reverb, independent use of rectifier tubes per channel.

The roadking is even more versatile.
Quote by kool98769
OH WAIT
I do!

You'd be surprised. Well actually you wont haha

It's a mono channel amp, and I think it's tube. However, for a mono channel amp, it is very good. Don't plug hi-fi into it; just use it as amp if it works.
Last edited by False_God at Mar 30, 2008,
hey i'm not saying the jcm 800 is bad i bet it sounds ****ing awesome
what i'm saying is i find it hard to use a one channel amp
and for the record i sold my spider 3 months ago, and i'm looking to get rid of the mg thank you very much
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by False_God
You'd be surprised. Well actually you wont haha

It's a mono channel amp, and I think it's tube. However, for a mono channel amp, it is very good. Don't plug hi-fi into it; just use it as amp if it works.

Now, we are not putting another thread into that stupid chaos

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
A roadster or a roadking having a weak channel?
Those amps are amazing, all of the channels are pretty damn good. Amazing cleans, amazing distortion, amazing crunch.
just look at the possibilities of the roadster, all the different abilities, changing a single channel, not all the channels, just a single channel from 50 to 100 watts, independent reverb, independent use of rectifier tubes per channel.
The roadking is even more versatile.

Pssh.
Thats why i said that ive heard
I'd kill for a roadking for sure.

Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by acdclandon
hey i'm not saying the jcm 800 is bad i bet it sounds ****ing awesome
what i'm saying is i find it hard to use a one channel amp
and for the record i sold my spider 3 months ago, and i'm looking to get rid of the mg thank you very much

Well then, state that or this wouldn't have turned int a flame war.

Anyway, I'm the opposite. I just get my cleans from changin dynamics and volume on my guitar and leads from using an OD. With a tube amp, I lvoe to run it at about half way up and then control most stuff with dynamics.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by kool98769

Are we really making another one of those?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.