i think my guitar's intonation is screwed up. the harmonic at the 12th fret and the actual note are slightly different on just about every string, not much but still. and i was wondering how to change the intonation. if it matters the type of guitar, it is a gibson special faded sg. TOM bridge like they come out of the factory.

one other question, should i just go get it set up? or can i do this by myself

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
You can do it by yourself. All you need is a good chromatic tuner, and a screwdriver or allen key to adjust the saddles depending on what type of bridge you have. If you plan on doing it yourself, take it to the 'Ultimate Q & A Thread'. The person there knows everything.
Be cool.
so adjust the saddles. thanks.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

ok, one more question, do i need to remove the strings, loosen them or anything? also since a lot of the strings are off, could my neck be warped? this worries me.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

dont remove the strings. if you remove them, you cant tune them.
and if some are off you cant tune the others.
and yes, dont leave them off too long or you'll eventually need to adjust the neck.

if you are getting buzzing in the first few or last few frets, your neck "might" need adjustment but if you arent and you are happy with ur action, then dont worry about it.

so, string the guitar and compare the fretted 12th note to the 12th fret harmonic, and if that doesnt jive, compare the fretted 12th to the open strings note.

move the saddle, like said until they are the same, and retune the open string after every adjustment.

and to dude^^^^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That happened to me, but I just got new strings and was fine.
It's probably something to do with the bridge though.
Quote by lotsofvolume
That happened to me, but I just got new strings and was fine.
It's probably something to do with the bridge though.

well before i go turning away at the saddles, i am definitely gonna change strings to see if that is the problem.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

even if you swap strings (and i suggest you swap one at a time) you will still need to intonate it.
it's just tuning. you need to tune ur guitar regularly.

if you need a tutorial then ask.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011