im using klean-strip ks-3 premium (google) and its not working at all!! its a solid black squire that the shiny part has been removed. any suggestions (strippers that u no work?)
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
it says 15 mins i left for 30
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
i wouldn't used a chemical striper for a profeesionaly finished guitar i would use something like a heat method or even sanding it
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
i tryed sanding but even w/ palm sander it took me 2 days to get to the wood filler on the front
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Sanding takes FOREVER. so does paint stripper. Unless you use crazy industrial grade stuff. You could try heat, yes. Or a handheld belt sander if you have one-that would be pretty quick.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
RemovALL 510 - Automotive and Heavy Industrial Paint Stripper

Its water soluable (or h/e you spell it), and is non-toxic.... its what we use on plastic body panels on cars... so it should be safe for wood...
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Mar 29, 2008,
already wasted 20usd on sander 15usd on stipper, how much is heat gun, and will it take off filler?

edit: and wont it kill u when u breath in fumes?
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Last edited by Oblivian at Mar 30, 2008,
thats why you do the heat method outside and with a mask on just for safety
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
Last edited by Leadhead3225 at Mar 30, 2008,
Heat gun is way to easy to screw up. I've never had any issues with paint stripper. I use Minwax. The key on those cheaper guitars is to break the clear. Pour some over the top of the guitar, let it sit for a couple minutes, and scrub with 0000 steel wool You can strip a guitar with an hour and some patience.
You were probably using the wrong kind of stripper. Does it say on the bottle what it was intended for? If it says it's intended for something that isn't polyurethane, then that's your problem. Polyurethane is a bitch, and it needs a specific stripper.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club