im wanting to get some new pickups for my jackson and i was thinkin a dimebucker with with a blackout or an invader. which one u think would give me a better sound, or what combo would be the better sounding tones?
jus fyi, Dimebag didn't use a dimebucker he used a bill lawrence L500. so if you really want dimebag's tone....that'll help some. not to mention it's cheaper. puttin' an artist's name on stuff just jacks the price up twice as much.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by AttentiveDismay
i have a crate flexwave 120, not much, but does what i need it too

Active pickups probably wouldn't sound too good on your SS amp. Active pickups are designed to drive a tube amp hard.

Anyway, if you don't like your tone, the pickups aren't the problem. Pickups are a smaller part of your tone than you think.
i dont dislike my tone, its good for me, i just want a little more oomph

and i know that tone is mostly amp, not pickups
seymour duncan sh-5 will give you that oomph youre looking for

EDIT: if youre going for passive pickups
Quote by AttentiveDismay
i have a crate flexwave 120, not much, but does what i need it too

Evidently it doesn't.

Quote by AttentiveDismay
i dont dislike my tone, its good for me, i just want a little more oomph

and i know that tone is mostly amp, not pickups

you DO dislike your tone, you just said so
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
upgrade you amplifier. period. if you have a good amp, even crappy pickups will sound pretty good on it.

for instance, check my sig. my ltd has a crappy ESP "emg inspired" passive pup in it. it's junk. but running through my 6505+ through eminence speakers, it still sounds pretty good. not nearly as good as the guitars with the nortons and breed/d-sonic combos, but still passable that I wouldn't be embarrassed that it was still in there.

your amp is the staple of your tone. pup swapping is fun. but it's not going to put you on a new pleatuea. and active pups generally aren't as well recieved on SS amps.

but if you're gung ho on getting a new pup, stay away from the dimebucker. it's a trebly turd. and the Blackout won't sound too well through your rig due to it being active. and I can't speak for the Invader.

but I would recommend DiMarzio's D-Sonic for the bridge. it's a great pup with solid amounts of output.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
steven seagull sometimes you really crack me up. lol...but yea crate flexwaves are alright for for messing around but just like ur typical SS amp they're not too nice for anything past 15-30 watts. get yourself a nicer amp and we could prolly just about guarantee your problem will be solved. ur gonna want a better amp eventually anyways, so start saving up for somethin' that'll do your passion some justice!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I had a Dimebucker and it was a very harsh sound pickup i didn't like it. i have read the invader is a very muddy sounding pickup.
I have a dimebucker and it is killer and I love it, and not sure what you should go with in the neck, but If you really want to change your tone and sound I would sell the amp you have now and get a better one or some new pedals!