When I want to put pickups on a guitar, but no pickguard, how does that work?
Is it routed from the back? And how is the pickup held in place/adjusted.

ie. p90s?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
^I don't think he means it like that. I was wondering this myself but I don't know how to explain it either. Flush mounted I think it's called...
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Mar 29, 2008,
Soapbar P90s have two screws that go through the pickup and are used to screw it directly into the body in the pickup cavity which is top routed.
How high should the pickup stick out?

ie. how far in does it have to be routed?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
you have to know how thick the pickup is and set your router to whatever depth you need to make it stick out a certain distance.

with soapbars you need to route a hole the shape of the pickup.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Or I could just buy a p90 with a humbucker form factor. That would make it easier.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.