Ok I have a book report due on monday and its saturday night and i'm on page 45 out of like 250. And the book is "The Dark is Rising" by Susan Cooper. I don't need details just sort of a plot overview and if anyone can give a link to a summary that would be great but i couldnt find any. Whoever helps gets a pat on the back
Quote by LinkManDX
Read the book.

yah i know i should have i'm an extremem procrastinator though i just can never bring myself to do anything til the morning before its due usually. I was doing my science fair report for 4 hours a day on the last 2 days before it was due and we had like 3 months to do it
An opening crawl reveals that the galaxy is in a state of civil war. The Rebel Alliance has stolen plans to the Great Lords of the Dark's Death Star, a space station capable of annihilating a planet. Princess Jane has possession of the plans, and before she is captured by the Empire on her ship, she hides them, along with a holographic recording, in a "droid" named R2-D2. The small droid escapes with his humanoid partner Barney to the surface of the desert planet Tatooine below. On Tatooine, the droids are captured by Jawas, who sell them to moisture farmer Owen Lars and his nephew, Simon. While Simon cleans R2-D2, he accidentally triggers part of a holographic message, in which Jane requests the help of "Pendragoni". The only Pendragon he knows is Ben Pendragon, a hermit who lives in the nearby hills, but Uncle Owen dismisses any connection.

Later, R2-D2 escapes, looking for Pendragon. This causes Simon and Barney to go out after him. Simon is attacked by Tusken Raiders (or Sand People) and knocked unconscious. He is saved by the "old wizard" Ben Pendragon, who reveals himself to be Pendragon. He takes them back to his hut and tells of his days as a White Rider, and explains to Simon about a mysterious energy field called "the Force". He also tells Simon about his father, Will Stanton, gives him his father's lightsaber, and tells him that Will had been "betrayed and murdered" by Pendragon's former pupil, The Dark Rider. Pendragon then views Princess Jane's message, in which she begs him to take R2-D2 and the Death Star plans to Alderaan, where her father will be able to retrieve and analyze them. Pendragon asks Simon to accompany him to Alderaan and to learn the ways of the Force. After discovering that his home has been destroyed and his aunt and uncle killed by Imperial stormtroopers, Luke agrees to go with Pendragon to Alderaan, and to learn to become a White Rider like his father. At the seedy Mos Eisley Spaceport, the group finds a smuggler named John "Wayland" Smith and his Old One friend Merriman Lyon, who agree to transport them on their ship, the Millennium Falcon. Attacked by stormtroopers as they board the ship, they make a hasty escape and prepare for a hyperspace leap to Alderaan.

Meanwhile, Jane has been imprisoned on the Death Star and has resisted interrogation. The Walker, the Death Star's commanding officer, destroys her home planet of Alderaan as a means of demonstrating the power of the Empire's new weapon. The planet's destruction is felt by Pendragon aboard the Millennium Falcon while he is instructing Simon about the Force. Arriving at the coordinates for the planet, they are bombarded instead by rubble from the explosion. Following a TIE Fighter toward what appears to be a small moon, they are captured by the Death Star's tractor beam. Using hidden compartments to surprise Imperial stormtroopers and donning their armor as disguises, John and Simon escape to a command room to wait while Pendragon attempts to disable the tractor beam. While they are there, R2-D2 discovers that Princess Jane is scheduled for termination. John and Simon stage a rescue on the cell block but their escape route is cut off and they are forced down a garbage chute into a compactor. About to be crushed by the walls closing in, they are saved by the droid's last-second shutdown of the compactor. Making their way back to the Millennium Falcon, their path is cleared by the spectacle of a lightsaber duel between the Dark Rider and his former master, Pendragon. Warning the Dark Lord that he will become "more powerful than you can possibly imagine," the old White Rider allows himself to be struck down as the others escape toward a hidden rebel base. A beacon hidden aboard the ship allows the Empire to track their route.

After landing on Yavin IV, the Death Star plans are analyzed by the Rebel Alliance and a potential weakness is found, one which will require the use of single-man fighters to slip past the Death Star's formidable defenses. Simon joins the assault team while John collects his reward for the Princess' rescue. The attack proceeds as planned but suffers heavy losses without a successful torpedo hit in the small thermal exhaust port which would create a chain reaction. During Simon's run, The Dark Rider engages the Rebels in ship-to-ship combat, but before he can destroy Simon, the Millennium Falcon appears and destroys one of The Dark Rider's wingmen. The other wingman, attempting to veer away from the Falcon, collides with the Dark Rider's fighter and crashes into the trench wall. The Dark Rideris last seen spinning out of control into outer space. Guided by the voice of Pendragon to "use the Force," Simon shuts off his targeting computer and fires the successful shot which destroys the Death Star seconds before it could attack the Rebel base. At a grand ceremony, Princess Jane awards medals to Simon and John for their heroism in the battle.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
An opening crawl reveals that the galaxy is in a state of civil war. The Rebel Alliance .....

Quote by Ostinattos

What's so funny?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
An opening crawl reveals that the galaxy is in a state of civil war. The Rebel Alliance has stolen plans to the Great Lords of the Dark's Death Star, a space station capable of annihilating a planet. Princess Jane has possession of the plans, and before she is captured by the Empire on her ship, she hides them, along with a holographic recording, in a "droid" named R2-D2. The small droid escapes with his humanoid partner Barney to the surface of the desert planet Tatooine below. On Tatooine, the droids are captured by Jawas, who sell them to moisture farmer Owen Lars and his nephew, Simon. While Simon cleans R2-D2, he accidentally triggers part of a holographic message, in which Jane requests the help of "Pendragoni". The only Pendragon he knows is Ben Pendragon, a hermit who lives in the nearby hills, but Uncle Owen dismisses any connection.

hmmm...haven't got there yet...does sound pretty legit though...i'll look into it.
Quote by kidwiththedrums
hmmm...haven't got there yet...does sound pretty legit though...i'll look into it.

Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
fficial&client=firefox-a">fficial&client=firefox-a">http://www.google.com/search?q=%22The+Dark+is+Rising%22+by+Susan+Cooper+plot+summary&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a
google is your friend

Quote by Bubban

Later, R2-D2 escapes, looking for Pendragon. This causes Simon and Barney to go out after him. Simon is attacked by Tusken Raiders (or Sand People) and knocked unconscious. He is saved by the "old wizard" Ben Pendragon, who reveals himself to be Pendragon. He takes them back to his hut and tells of his days as a White Rider, and explains to Simon about a mysterious energy field called "the Force". He also tells Simon about his father, Will Stanton, gives him his father's lightsaber, and tells him that Will had been "betrayed and murdered" by Pendragon's former pupil, The Dark Rider. Pendragon then views Princess Jane's message, in which she begs him to take R2-D2 and the Death Star plans to Alderaan, where her father will be able to retrieve and analyze them. Pendragon asks Simon to accompany him to Alderaan and to learn the ways of the Force. After discovering that his home has been destroyed and his aunt and uncle killed by Imperial stormtroopers, Luke agrees to go with Pendragon to Alderaan, and to learn to become a White Rider like his father. At the seedy Mos Eisley Spaceport, the group finds a smuggler named John "Wayland" Smith and his Old One friend Merriman Lyon, who agree to transport them on their ship, the Millennium Falcon. Attacked by stormtroopers as they board the ship, they make a hasty escape and prepare for a hyperspace leap to Alderaan.

Meanwhile, Jane has been imprisoned on the Death Star and has resisted interrogation. The Walker, the Death Star's commanding officer, destroys her home planet of Alderaan as a means of demonstrating the power of the Empire's new weapon. The planet's destruction is felt by Pendragon aboard the Millennium Falcon while he is instructing Simon about the Force. Arriving at the coordinates for the planet, they are bombarded instead by rubble from the explosion. Following a TIE Fighter toward what appears to be a small moon, they are captured by the Death Star's tractor beam. Using hidden compartments to surprise Imperial stormtroopers and donning their armor as disguises, John and Simon escape to a command room to wait while Pendragon attempts to disable the tractor beam. While they are there, R2-D2 discovers that Princess Jane is scheduled for termination. John and Simon stage a rescue on the cell block but their escape route is cut off and they are forced down a garbage chute into a compactor. About to be crushed by the walls closing in, they are saved by the droid's last-second shutdown of the compactor. Making their way back to the Millennium Falcon, their path is cleared by the spectacle of a lightsaber duel between the Dark Rider and his former master, Pendragon. Warning the Dark Lord that he will become "more powerful than you can possibly imagine," the old White Rider allows himself to be struck down as the others escape toward a hidden rebel base. A beacon hidden aboard the ship allows the Empire to track their route.

After landing on Yavin IV, the Death Star plans are analyzed by the Rebel Alliance and a potential weakness is found, one which will require the use of single-man fighters to slip past the Death Star's formidable defenses. Simon joins the assault team while John collects his reward for the Princess' rescue. The attack proceeds as planned but suffers heavy losses without a successful torpedo hit in the small thermal exhaust port which would create a chain reaction. During Simon's run, The Dark Rider engages the Rebels in ship-to-ship combat, but before he can destroy Simon, the Millennium Falcon appears and destroys one of The Dark Rider's wingmen. The other wingman, attempting to veer away from the Falcon, collides with the Dark Rider's fighter and crashes into the trench wall. The Dark Rideris last seen spinning out of control into outer space. Guided by the voice of Pendragon to "use the Force," Simon shuts off his targeting computer and fires the successful shot which destroys the Death Star seconds before it could attack the Rebel base. At a grand ceremony, Princess Jane awards medals to Simon and John for their heroism in the battle.

lol i hope you didnt write all of that
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.