I am considering getting the Crate FlexWave 120W Head or the Crate VTX head. The cab for the Flexwave is brittle and thin and the VTX cab is hard to find. What would you recomend for around $200-$300

please stick to the topic and not recommending me a new amp head or whatever
Maybe an avatar cab, they make very nice cabs. But why so stubborn on not wanting opinions on a different head, cause youll get them, what with a head that bad.
It's not the cab that makes it sound thin. it's the amp.
I don't care, you should get a combo.
So, don't get the Crate Flexwave or that other one.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It's not the cab that makes it sound thin. it's the amp.
I don't care, you should get a combo.

the cab has a decent amount of input on how thin the tone is, but i agree with you

combos are the ****
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
^Yeah...
But, I think a 112 combo would be much better for him.
Although speakers make a decent amount of the tone, the amplifier itself (IMO) does more for the tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by guitargod9208
please stick to the topic and not recommending me a new amp head or whatever

Fair enough I guess....but surely that means you already know that a new amp is the best course of action?

Those Crates aren't really as bad as people make out, but I certainly wouldn't spend much on a cab for one. Get yourself a cheap-but-decent 2x12 (Avatar look promising though I've not yet had a chance to try any) and then you can continue using that as an extension when you get yourself a really good amp in the future.

EDIT: Oh hang on, you haven't actually bought the head yet? Well don't. Just don't.
As you can tell the flexwave isnt very good. Why dont you tell us what you play and your budget. You can then get different opinions on what else is out there for you, broaden your horizans if you will. And if you dont like what they say then, go for the flexwave if you think thats what you want.
Save your money and get something better. You will hate the crate in a few anyway,
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude