1 8%
B) Keep JSX, get new cab
9 69%
C) Keep cab, get new head
0 0%
D) Get new stack
3 23%
Voters: 13.
Alright, here is how it is. I bought a Peavey JSX head. It sounds great, but, there is no way in hell it is 120 watts. I crank it up and it sounds more like 50. I have changed the ohmage, tried everything. I'm just getting fed up. So I am looking for a new head. I want a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. And today, I bought a Crate Flexwave cab (worst desicion of my life) and I wouldnt mind upgrading the cab as well. I need your help UG. Should I....

A) Keep the rig I have
B) Keep the JSX, get a new cab
C) Keep the cab, get a new head
D) Get a whole new stack

Thanks
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Are you talking about volume? Wattage isn't a measure of volume, but a good cab should add some more "oomph" to your sound and give the illusion of greater loudness.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
What kind of cab are you using? speaker combination? speaker size? all these things affect the tone. I'd try a different speaker combination before getting rid of it. If you are looking for it to just be a tad louder look for speakers that have a high decibel output; personally I think 50 watts is overkill for most situations. Do you like the sound of the JSX? If you do keep it; if you don't get rid of it.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
its a flexwave, or a flextone, flex something. all i know is that its 120 watts, 4x12, 4, 8 or 16 ohms
Quote by The Leader

Quote by ninemonthmedia

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
yeah i need to learn how to read. get a different cab. get a avatar cab with some vintage 30's or some other speaker than the flexwave speakers and do the JSX some justice before you get rid of it.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
k ill try that
Quote by The Leader

Quote by ninemonthmedia

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Yup, the speakers' sensitivities can totally change your percieved volume - Vintage 30s or similar are a good match for the JSX. And 120W will often sound only a little louder than 50W, but with less breakup and greater headroom.

I don't suppose you could've accidentally knocked the half-power switch on, could you?