Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could produce minimal pick attack sounds on my sweeps? They're pretty clean as it is for the most part, but I want to get it to the point where it sounds like a clean flurry of notes. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
use a really THICK pick (jim dunlop STUBBY 3.0mm) and use your neck pickup
Last edited by juangar1992 at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by juangar1992

does using a thicker pick reduce attack?
Quote by juangar1992

Pfft screw that. I'm already using a Jazz III (1.38 mm) and the other guitarists I know think I'm crazy. So far I found tapping it out Power Cosmic style to work very well, but it's not always very playable. Arps that require rolling are practically impossible. I just go with the inversions.

Long: How does a compressor work? Not familiar with them...
You could try re-fingering the whole thing for string skipping?
Call me Batman.
Quote by RichieJovie
I use 3.0mm Big Stubby's too. They are only for men.

Lol so true. Big Stubby's are a man's pick.
I've never used them myself but maybe a felt pick would help.
Using your neck pickup helps a bit, although I feel that I'm cheating because it cleans up a lot of small mistakes.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
The best way to do this is very, very simple

First if you dont have a nylon pick you shouldnt be sweeping at all.

Second start with your pick right against the string, just use a very smooth motion, if you hammer on a #11, octave or something on top then at the end, go a little further then the e string as to not interupt your picking rhythem
This is hard to teach without a demo, just pretend you are going a string further than the e string and come back.

Its important not to change the speed of your picking hand unless the particular sweep calls for it.

If you actually care about wut i just typed and dont understand part of this gimmi a holler
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.