I have been playing an acoustic for a long time, I just purchased an acoustic guitar with a pickup on it, I guess we call that an acoustic/electric. Can I plug this right into my home stereo into the AUX input by using a regular guitar plug split to 2 plugs (red & White)???
Would I need any additional hardware involved? Wouls I be better off just getting a small amp?
Quote by LTGlass
I have been playing an acoustic for a long time, I just purchased an acoustic guitar with a pickup on it, I guess we call that an acoustic/electric. Can I plug this right into my home stereo into the AUX input by using a regular guitar plug split to 2 plugs (red & White)???
Would I need any additional hardware involved? Wouls I be better off just getting a small amp?
You would be much better off getting a small amp. The raw signal coming out of your guitar will not mix well with a splitter going into a stereo. You can even damage your stereo.

The signal coming out of your guitar is not the same as something coming out of a regular stereo mp3/CD/TV player...etc
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination