Yeah, so my old fender squier strat and 15g amp that i had been playing with for the past two years got stolen over spring break(doesnt really matter, i was gonna upgrade anyways)...so i have a question....what guitar and amp should i buy, because i only have about $580 or so dollars to work with, from birthday and insurance claim money( yeah i know its a really tight budget, im only 15). so can anybody suggest a good guitar/amp combo that i can start to play shows with?

Heres what ive looked at so far:

-Dean Vendetta 1

- Dean ML

- Epiphone LP 100

- Epiphone LP standard

-Fender Standard HSS strat

- line 6 spider III 75w amp

last but not least

- Raven RG100 100watt amp ( ill probably get this... sounded good and has enough wattage)

so...any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
fender hss strat ftw

how'd your **** get stolen

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

not the line six amp.... and definitly get the fender
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
some db broke into the music room at school ( yeah, i keep my guitar there to practice with some friends)and i couldnt take it on vacation)
Quote:
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
try a used blues JR or something if you play classic rock/blues.

for higher gain stuff try a peavey winsdor.

Just DON"T but the two amps you have listed
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
try a used blues JR or something if you play classic rock/blues.

for higher gain stuff try a peavey winsdor.

Just DON"T but the two amps you have listed

is that the amp... because its like a 20w....im looking for something a bit louder
Quote:

how loud do you need?

what do you normally play
?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
how loud do you need?

what do you normally play
?

rock, alternative, metal

and i need enough so i can be heard over bass, and drums and rhythm( when i can play lead on a couple of songs.)
Quote:

Quote by patrickrh
those two amps are incredibly **** lol and that's putting it mildly... especially that Raven. tube amps are pretty loud i have a blues junior and thats 15 watts but competes with a drummer. The fender HSS looks good though

im guessing youre saying they suck?
Quote:

so look into the peavey windsor its a great metal/alternative rock amp.....don't expect good cleans though.

look into the B52 also.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Bostonrocks
so look into the peavey windsor its a great metal/alternative rock amp.....don't expect good cleans though.

look into the B52 also.

so could i get a piercing clean from that?
Quote:

ok peter, i wont get a spider then lol,but to me the raven amp sounded alright at guitar center... but then again my old amp sucked
Quote:

Quote by sobeit
so could i get a piercing clean from that?

from the b-52?
not likely, well it all depends on what you do to the clean channel and what guitar you're using too. its not just the amp itself.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
from the Windsor? no probably not a great clean sorry I'm pretty sure its a one channel amp so you either have clean or overdrive not both unless you roll down you volume but it won't be pericing then
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by ugmung
from the b-52?
not likely, well it all depends on what you do to the clean channel and what guitar you're using too. its not just the amp itself.

hey i have one question.... im probably gonna get the HSS strat but does the LP100 sound any good?
Quote:

No the HSS strat is a MUCH better guitar
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by patrickrh
lol from the Fenders??? Yes, but no metal tone really... you seem to want a very versatile set up, i would check out the Roland Cubes actually. They are generally regarded as one of the best solid state lines out there. very versatile

ok i think ill check em out next time i have a ride to GC

and thanks boston
Quote:

yep np at all
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by sobeit
hey i have one question.... im probably gonna get the HSS strat but does the LP100 sound any good?

its a nice beginner guitar, but its good after you mod it a little.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
i would definitely get the cube though, as for the guitar its up to you.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
alright ive decided on an amp... but are cubes good with pedals?if not i can deal but if so i might get a distortion, flanger, and reverb pedal
Quote:

Quote by sobeit
alright ive decided on an amp... but are cubes good with pedals?if not i can deal but if so i might get a distortion, flanger, and reverb pedal

no, no, and no.
it already has all that, it all depends on what level you want the effects
like if you want 10 second delay you're not going to get it out of the cube, but if you just want that extra oomfph to your sound, thats why they're there. the distortion models are amazing, i havent had a problem with mine yet.

i actually am getting a few pedals, a compression, EQ, and noise gate.
they work great with pedals, and i would recommend getting the boss footswitch as well.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
The only good spider is the valve, and they are over your budget.
Too much equipment to write down...
the valves are alright, i couldnt get a good sound when i played one, it bothered me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo