Page 1 of 2
so after watching some metallica clips on youtube, i have come to the realisation that even though they are pretty old, they are still recognised as legends among metal heads and its got me thinking. what bands in our time will live on to be legends in 20 or 30 years time?
Quote by Chobes
Fall Out Boy

*sits down with popcorn*

I can top that: The Jonas Brothers.
Quote by Radio Addict
Radiohead definetely and White Stripes (Jack White).

Radiohead is pretty old...
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Jonas Brothers are the Beatles of this decade, if not millenium,
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Radio Addict
Radiohead definetely and White Stripes (Jack White).

Yeah Radiohead should be remembered.

Probably Foo Fighters too.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Mike!

I was being serious though, all the scene whores 20 years from now will still love them.
Quote by Mike!

ill match your jonas brothers and raise you a hannah montanna
Muse.

Pretty much for us Brits anyway.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Foo Fighters, Radiohead, The Shins to a degree
Korn too
Panic At The Disco possibly if they keep on the path their new album has sent them down.
uhhh.... I think mainly people are going to look back at a lot of the bands that aren't so mainstream and go "That was the good stuff, why wasn't anyone listening to that?"
I want Super Saiyan abilities
I dunno who will be remembered. Apparently you can't remember that this thread was made last week, so who knows what bands you'll think of....
Who dat?
Quote by Mike!
The Jonas Brothers.

I honestly lol'd

Seriously though, RHCP and Muse
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Gregray88
****in BODOM!!!!

+1

Also, Megadeth.
Quote by Nick_
But the point is: Music is too mutable, too ambiguous, too unruly to allow itself to be defined by an absolute syntax of terms. Don't bother. Live with it.
prolly none
i mean all the bands we remember sumhow created they genre they played
the genres are so vast now and thers so much bands and cliches its kinda hard to find another classic
since my favorites have all ready been mentioned... The Jonas Brothers, Fall Out Boy and one that has not been mentioned yet My Chemical Romance, bright leaders of our future in music.

We realize that music is completely ****ed and have to take all the classics now from 20-30 yrs ago and they will be our classics in another 20-30 years making them 40-60+ years old

But the only one I can think of is probably the Foo Fighters
Quote by Gregray88
****in BODOM!!!!

I highly doubt it...
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by superfaligous
prolly none
the genres are so vast now and thers so much bands and cliches its kinda hard to find another classic

True, but there are some who can be fit under a certain genre but stand out from the rest. Such as, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Into Eternity, Shadows Fall (the later 2 have not gained the success and respect they deserve yet)
Quote by eldanny
I highly doubt it...

Hell they will, go to Europe ((Finland, Sweden, Netherlands) and you will see that the popularity of Bodom are about x10 of what it is in North America.
Quote by Gregray88
True, but there are some who can be fit under a certain genre but stand out from the rest. Such as, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Into Eternity, Shadows Fall (the later 2 have not gained the success and respect they deserve yet)

I rarely meet anyone who knows of Into Eternity. Well done you.

Another band that may be remembered..
*Glances at sig*
Opeth, maybe?
Quote by C O B H C
I rarely meet anyone who knows of Into Eternity. Well done you.

Another band that may be remembered..
*Glances at sig*
Opeth, maybe?

Ya, def. Opeth. **** ya I know of Into Eternity, I think pretty much everyone on UG does now because Tim Roth has like 3 lessons on the site. But I keep up with my Canadian metal.
I think Muse will.
Dream Theater. although they've been around a long time already.
Quote by superfaligous
prolly none

i agree no bands too day will be worth mentioning after 5yrs maybe a couple ill have to agree with foo fighters dave grohl is awesome

EDIT: showdows fall is awesome but i dont think they will be considered "classics"
"Well you said I might get laid more if I didn't play pokemon... but I decided getting laid more isn't worth not catching them all."

E-married to the Super Fantastical simply_me(:
Last edited by Peice_of_Mind at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by fretsonfire74
Foo Fighters definately. Maybe Wolfmother.

And +1 to Airborne. Those guys kick some serious ass.

Dammit, I didn't edit.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by Gregray88
Hell they will, go to Europe ((Finland, Sweden, Netherlands) and you will see that the popularity of Bodom are about x10 of what it is in North America.

I live in Europe...

There really not as big as alot of other bands, everyone knows them and has alteast herd something by them, its just they may be well known just not huge, even the metalheads around here don't hold them up that highly.

Anyway its 1/4past 5 in the morning so I'm off to bed, night nights UG
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
same ones that still are + epica, kamelot, muse, satch + steve and dream theater

dragonforce too, how could i leave them out XD
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
System of a Down I think, since alot of people could get into them. Same with Dream Theater, although they don't really have the MTV backing of SOAD. I could name a bunch, but it all depends on whether you judge them by their peak or major label debut (DT debuting in '92, peaking in '99).
Dickless.
Maybe Avenged Sevenfold, also probably (unfortunately) Dragonforce.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Maybe Avenged Sevenfold, also probably (unfortunately) Dragonforce.

Avenged Sevenfold???
"Well you said I might get laid more if I didn't play pokemon... but I decided getting laid more isn't worth not catching them all."

E-married to the Super Fantastical simply_me(:
Page 1 of 2