Hey guys,

I am writing a paper pertaining to Art and Culture online for my Web 2.0 writing class. My topic of choice relates the YouTube shredders to the classical guitar Gods such as Clapton, Page, Van Halen, Satriani and their ilk to the new breed of shredders on YouTube

I would like some videos of YouTube shredders like FunTwo/Jerry C and Kristofer Dahl. If any of them also offer lessons, that would be great.

Thanks,
Colin
Quote by colin617
classical guitar Gods such as Clapton, Page, Van Halen, Satriani
This made no sense.

I would just search for shred videos on youtube.
you cant search for guitar players on youtube by yourself?
god damn people are lazy
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by The Madcap
This made no sense.

i think he just meant like classic, or classic rock.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Can you explain how you plan to compare "Clapton, Page, Van Halen, Satriani and their ilk" to "the new breed of shredders on YouTube"?
Quote by iimjpii
Can you explain how you plan to compare "Clapton, Page, Van Halen, Satriani and their ilk" to "the new breed of shredders on YouTube"?

Well he could say how the first group was better and how the second group sucks.
...lol....then simply look them up >.> they're all over youtube X_X

think of also what you just said. Refering to the many modern day shredders of today as well as those you just refered to as the, "guitar gods."

now i dont mean they're not great ) quite the contrary!! but i mean, what really made them as such to bring so many people to feel as strongly about that? and how today's shredders with the use of even youtube, dont really have a backing (except for the select few) of a fanbase, you know? i mean really, they're are alot of great ****ing shredders out there that play faster than some of the old greats, not all, but just a few, yet the lvl of skill is either looked down upon simply because of being labeled as random fast notes or w/e...

i dont know, sorta look into the assumptions portion of it all as well, and what you feel etc... i suppose that could at least get you a good paragraph in the paper alone )
Quote by diminishedtobme
Well he could say how the first group was better and how the second group sucks.

Lulz.
Quote by COBHC6
you cant search for guitar players on youtube by yourself?
god damn people are lazy

I don't have the time or patience to sit through hundreds of these videos. Also, it's illogical and inefficient. I have work to do. If you don't have something constructive to add, don't waste my time or yours by posting here.

For those of you that provided links -- many thanks. (Especially Night -- your post got me several paragraphs).

What I intend to prove is that a Guitar God no longer has to be larger than life, they can also be average people with above-average skills. Clearly the YouTube players have gone past being a niche to being something a little more mainstream (with specific regards to GuitarWorld providing an interview with Jerry C and transcribing Cannon Rock). I am also trying to validate this as "culture" considering that this type of music has yet to get radio play, where as Zeppelin, Cream, and Van Halen were always on the radio.