hi guys i have been thinking of buying a seven string for the longest time now and got the chance the other day to play around on an ibanez rg seven string (cant remember which model in particular) and fell in love with it and will probably be buying it in a day or two, but anyways i was wondering if you can buy string sets made specifically for seven strings, or do you have to get the low B string seperate? because ive never actually come across a store around where i live who actually carries seven string sets, but then ive never really looked for them before lol anywho thankyou in advance
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
You can buy them in packs just like normal strings. They have them at my local music shop, which is puny, so they'll probably have them at yours.
yes the do have them
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
Yup, I have bought Ernie Ball and D'addario sets at Guitar center before. They have a decent variety on gauges, too.
also i was thinking about modding the pickups, i know i want a Dimarzio Dsonic in the bridge but im not sure what i want for neck, im looking for a nice clear crisp and smooth sounding pickup for softer leads. (i play mostly prog metal/rock such as dream theater and rush)
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
they can be hard to find
i couldnt find a decent pack where i live
and even when i went to sam ash in new york city, thinking they might have a decent selection, they had one pack of d'addarios.
but even if you cant find a seven string pack, most guitar stores will sell you a seperate B string
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
You can buy them in sets. I still prefer to buy them separate (.65 B, and a pack of 52-10, or .60 and 46-9 depending on what tuning I want) because the string tensions are retarded on all the sets I've seen for 7 strings.
Quote by Stratmaster69
also i was thinking about modding the pickups, i know i want a Dimarzio Dsonic in the bridge but im not sure what i want for neck, im looking for a nice clear crisp and smooth sounding pickup for softer leads. (i play mostly prog metal/rock such as dream theater and rush)

AirNorton7