So right now im rockin the 'fro look and ive been thinking about doing dreadlocks for the summer. Anybody got em and how hard is it to do?.

This will also be the thread for all of you people who want to talk about anything dreadlock
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I THINK there already is a thread like this.

searched the dreadlock thread, nothing came up.

and to the guy who posted the pic, those are pretty sick, im not sure how long mine will be , my hair is about 5 inches pulled out, and 3 inches when its in a fro. Im not sure if i should go symetrical dreads or have them all different sizes
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

i had tite braids once but i dint get dreads cuz i heard they be a pain to get out or you have to cut it off i would jus try braids like that guy from janes addiction had
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
i had tite braids once but i dint get dreads cuz i heard they be a pain to get out or you have to cut it off i would jus try braids like that guy from janes addiction had

If you use some hair product(don't remember the name) you can comb them out. It takes several hours to do, though.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by InvaderTSN
The singer from Shadows Fall has massive dreadlocks.

and i got to touch them
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by reedplaysgeetar

you have to cut the tips of and then soak them in a product and they comb out in a few hours
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

Quote by COBHC6
and i got to touch them

Did you grow massive dreads right after?
This pretty hot girl from my school got dreads. That sucks for her if she has to cut them out.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Did you grow massive dreads right after?

no

thats the picture for anyone who cares
and this was a long time ago, and i realize i look 12
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
do the dreads make her look hotter? i cant picture any of the hot girls at my school with dreads
Quote by shredmeiser101

Quote by Meths

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I'd have dreadlocks if I had african hair.
John Butler used to have the sweetest dreadlocks out though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Shpongled
This website is your friend: http://www.dreadheadhq.com/

****ing candlesticks all over, and glueing your hair together with wax that attracts dirt and makes drying an unnecessary long process... while paying for it!

They sell headbands made out of recycled T-SHIRTS for god's sake
Looks like your hair might be a bit thin for dreadlocks tbh mate, the drummer from my band had them with similar sort of hair to yours and his just fell out after a few weeks, even though he palm rolled them and re-waxed them.
Quote by Joelieo
Looks like your hair might be a bit thin for dreadlocks tbh mate, the drummer from my band had them with similar sort of hair to yours and his just fell out after a few weeks, even though he palm rolled them and re-waxed them.

And that would have been what caused them falling out, too much stress on the hair and scalp.

And re-waxing was ****ing dumb of him to do, you don't need to put it in at all, why do it several times? It's nasty when you try to sleep with your hair drenched in beeswax.
Apparently they are hard to clean. Either that or the guy I know who had them was just dirty.
Quote by Sabu
Apparently they are hard to clean. Either that or the guy I know who had them was just dirty.

The second. They're not hard to clean, they just take LOONG time to dry when they get long/fat.
Quote by -Vogel-

'tis my hair

I have a sneaking suspicion you are the kid on myspace or youtube whichever it is showing off your dreadlocks with Enbilulugugal playing in the background.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I have A dreadlock. I can't do my whole head, cuz I'm not living with my family. It was hella easy to make, but I got curly ass hair.
I've wondered about getting dreads, but I'd get fed up with the looong process of cleaning, and I couldn't really dye it then could I. Hm.
I do like dreads though, on some people.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I'm planning on eventually doing dreads. My hair is perfect for it. I already have two, one incidental and another intentional.
We're only strays.
make sure they get really long.

like that.

ive considered dreads, but my girlfriend said she would never talk to me again if i got them.

i dont know that id look good with them anyway.
Hmm, dreadlocks look very cool, but I'm a girl and I don't know if a couple would suit me.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid