Hang on, care to elaborate on the question a bit? If you mean an overdrive pedal, Cubes respond alright to light overdrive so it wouldn't sound too bad, If you're talking, for example, about turning it up on full and using high-gain pickups to make it break up, you'll get nothing but a nasty square wave mess.
If you use light pedal OD or a little volume boost to get some extra gain, it should be fine.
Essentially what kyle said.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by kyle62
Hang on, care to elaborate on the question a bit? If you mean an overdrive pedal, Cubes respond alright to light overdrive so it wouldn't sound too bad, If you're talking, for example, about turning it up on full and using high-gain pickups to make it break up, you'll get nothing but a nasty square wave mess.

Well, I was reffering to using an overdrive pedal the same way you would use it on a tube amp to give it a boost in gain or something.

Im asking this because I was just wondering how it would sound like if i put something like a bad monkey through the metal model of my roland cube 30.
Last edited by Nemesis75 at Mar 30, 2008,
^It may sound alright.
Maybe go to a local shop and try out an OD or boost with a cube there (very common amps, you shouldn't have a problem)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
digital modeling amps hate ODs.
My Gear