So i was at my local guitar store playing the rocker 30 when they guy came up to me and starting talking to me about orange amps, and he recommended instead of getting a rocker 30 combo getting a Tiny Terror and a 2 X 12 orange cab, this way i could save money and eventually work my way up yo getting a proper rocker stack.

Now im confused coz i thought if i get the TT and the cab then eventually i can upgrade to a rockerverb 50 because i would like the extra watts and the extra features eventually and also having an orange stack would be awesome. But on the other hand ill be stuck with the TT for a while and i prob wouldnt end up saving a huge amount.

So heres my question, how does the TT line up to the Rocker 30 Combo and is it worth putting up with it for a couple of years until i can get the rockerverb or should i just get the rocker combo.
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Are you gigging/will you be soon?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
yes i might be soon im trying out for a band as a rhythm guitarist and i think its looking good however the lead guitarist has 2 inputs in his amp so its ok if i dont get it for a while i spose but the sooner i get the amp the better for me
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
i'd go for the rocker 30 unless you think that you'll need an effects loop any time in the future. Even if you do need an effects loop don't buy the tiny terror anyway just hold off a bit longer and get the rockereverb 50 combo
Quote by les witty
yes i might be soon im trying out for a band as a rhythm guitarist and i think its looking good however the lead guitarist has 2 inputs in his amp so its ok if i dont get it for a while i spose but the sooner i get the amp the better for me

^ No, that's a very bad idea. Two guitars one amp is the equivalent of two girls one cup in sound form.

I say get the Rocker now...there won't be any need to upgrade for a very long time.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ No, that's a very bad idea. Two guitars one amp is the equivalent of two girls one cup in sound form.

I say get the Rocker now...there won't be any need to upgrade for a very long time.

Gross. I just got that visual out of my head and now it's back in there.

But I would just go for the Rocker 30.
Quote by Sid McCall

Lol ok thanks for the imagery, so you think the rocker 30 is definately a better option then the tt? What would be the difference in price for a TT and a 2X12 orange cab
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by les witty
Lol ok thanks for the imagery, so you think the rocker 30 is definately a better option then the tt? What would be the difference in price for a TT and a 2X12 orange cab

couple hundred bucks.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocker 30 if you can afford it. Not meaning to take over but would Orange amps be considered Boutique?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I'd say so.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
ehh, I wouldn't consider something mass produced to be boutique. Didn't Orange even outsell Marshall at one point?

check out the guts of an AD30
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by les witty
So heres my question, how does the TT line up to the Rocker 30 Combo and is it worth putting up with it for a couple of years until i can get the rockerverb or should i just get the rocker combo.

The TT in my opinion is definitely worth playing before you make your final choice. I wouldn't classify either as having "better" tone, but they are simply different. Both have the tonal characteristics of what I would consider good in an amp. You might find that you prefer the TT.
Quote by soul_power
Rocker 30 if you can afford it. Not meaning to take over but would Orange amps be considered Boutique?

Not really, they're just not that common compared to brands like Marshall, and they're expensive.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I wouldn't classify either as having "better" tone,QUOTE]

Dont Agree....Rocker all the way. just play one and you will be sold like i was. TT sounds thin in a live situation not bad for cranking in your bedroom though.

BTW why can you upgrade from a TT later but not from a Rocker. i didn't get the reasoning behind that!
Quote by 1of1
Dont Agree....Rocker all the way. just play one and you will be sold like i was.

Actually, I own one... It's not the ultimate last amp you will even buy full of epic awesomeness, but it is pretty good. I still think it's a good idea to try different amps before you buy, wouldn't you agree?

...and neither is good for cranking in you bedroom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHqs4zBAc
Quote by whoismilan
I wouldn't classify either as having "better" tone,QUOTE]

Dont Agree....Rocker all the way. just play one and you will be sold like i was. TT sounds thin in a live situation not bad for cranking in your bedroom though.

BTW why can you upgrade from a TT later but not from a Rocker. i didn't get the reasoning behind that!

just becuse it would be easier for me to buy a rockerverb 50 head then to have to buy a brand new combo or stack
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Gigging I way prefer the TT to the Rocker 30 as the TT can get me some power tube overdrive, which just kills live.

Granted I am a TT fanboy, I'd recommend it over the Rocker 30 unless you really need a clean channel.
I am also lookin for an Orange Rocker 30.
I need cleans aswel some distortion .
I was thinking about the TT and a cab , but I wouldnt get over a drummer and stay clean.
So I pm'ed Rob Chappers and asked some information and stuff and he recommended me to buy a Rocker30 and it will sound good on bedroomvolumes to , cause I want to use it at home and at practises ...
Quote by les witty
he recommended instead of getting a rocker 30 combo getting a Tiny Terror and a 2 X 12 orange cab, this way i could save money and eventually work my way up yo getting a proper rocker stack.

Keep in mind that it's very possible that the Rocker 30 will be the last amp you ever need. It's certainly loud enough for gigging, and any gigs it's not loud enough for had damn well better have a PA available for mic'ing up to. But if on board reverb, an FX loop, and more power is in your future, then this guitar store dude -in a strange turn of events- has perhaps given you some excellent advice.

Not being an Orange Amps representative, I have another idea. Instead of the Tiny Terror head, you could get a Peavey Classic 30 head to sit atop of an Orange 2x12. They're different amps, but cover the same genres. That way, you'd have a very nice two channel 30W amp right now, complete with reverb and an FX loop, for about the same price as the TT. Like Orange, Peavey runs on 16 ohms, too, so it'll match up great. You'd have a gigging amp today AND you'd be on your way to an Orange 1/4 stack.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Keep in mind that it's very possible that the Rocker 30 will be the last amp you ever need. It's certainly loud enough for gigging, and any gigs it's not loud enough for had damn well better have a PA available for mic'ing up to. But if on board reverb, an FX loop, and more power is in your future, then this guitar store dude -in a strange turn of events- has perhaps given you some excellent advice.

Not being an Orange Amps representative, I have another idea. Instead of the Tiny Terror head, you could get a Peavey Classic 30 head to sit atop of an Orange 2x12. They're different amps, but cover the same genres. That way, you'd have a very nice two channel 30W amp right now, complete with reverb and an FX loop, for about the same price as the TT. Like Orange, Peavey runs on 16 ohms, too, so it'll match up great. You'd have a gigging amp today AND you'd be on your way to an Orange 1/4 stack.

can someone just explain to me what exactly the FX Loop is and what it does
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
The effects loop allows you to place effects between the pre and power amp sections. This is often desirable for effects such as delay, reverb, chorus, and so on, when you are playing the amp with distortion from the pre amp section.
I guess I am going against what everyone else is saying, but I would go with the Tiny Terror. I have one and I love it. Plus I am generally against combos because if you plan on changing amps in the future or buying multiple amps it is a huge waste of money. A good cab will last you a lifetime of amp switching. I am about to order an Orange 2x12 to go with my Tiny Terror. I plan on soon getting an OR50 as well, therefore I have 2 amps and one cab, saved myself a ton of cash there. And as far as the Tiny Terror not having a clean channel, you just need to know how to work a one channel amp. If you turn the volume knob down on your guitar, the amp will clean up quite nicely. I have a Les Paul and I just set the bridge pickup for my lead tone and my neck pickup for clean tone and use the pickup selector to basically "switch channels". Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter.