Ever have one of those times when you take your axe someplace, and there really isn't an amp around? This has happened to me before, and I was wondering what is the weirdest thing you've used to amplify your electric guitar?
I'll start out.

One time, I used a 15 dollar clock radio when I was at my friend's house with his axe when his amp was no where to be seen (piece of crap yamaha 7 watter). It (the radio) had an input for a CD or tape player, and I had this little plug which converted a 1/4" jack so you could plug headphones or whatnot into it (wouldn't amplify the sound though). Anyways, I ran a pc speaker lead from the guitar to the CD input of the radio and played.
Really clean sound actually. Really lifeless and pretty worthless, but it was real transparant.

And, I used a PA system as a guitar amp before. It worked better, but still sounded pretty bad.

Go!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have a surround sound setup in my dorm room, and (I guess this is cheating) I plugged a Vox Amplug into it, and that was pretty rockin'. I've also ran straight out of my SG using the onboard OD as a preamp, right into the surround sound. It's weird hearing your guitar coming at you from all four corners of the room!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
spider II

badoom tish
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i just plugged my guitar right into my computer speakers. then i got fancy and played it through my metal zone. yup those were during my days of hunger
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
When I'm playing in my basement, I usually run it through my RP250 and into my 5.1 surround sound.
All your base are belong to us.
I've touched the headstock of my guitar to like filing cabinets and garbage cans, as resonators, before. Computer speakers, an old boom box with one of those tape adaptors that you can plug into mp3 players and ****, ummmmm, I've played an unplugged electric directly in front one that was plugged in just for kicks...I don't know if that one counts though....
we were all just sitting around after school one time, and i tried to use one of those orange road cone things... lol it worked well to an extent
Lean my head against the neck for a long time. I couldn't sleep for neck pain that night.

I have used PAs before. Several times actually. I had to use a 500w or something like that bass amp.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Lean my head against the neck for a long time. I couldn't sleep for neck pain that night.

I can do that with my computer chair somehow. At a certain angle when my guitar is pushing up against the armrest, the vibrations go through the whole thing and it makes it quite a bit louder.

My friend hooked some electronics (I don't remember) to one of those foil hi-def speakers that you can make from the video on youtube. I plugged into the input he had connected to it and it sounded like garbage, but it was fun.
A DVD player, using the microphone input.

And I'm also in the process of modding a set of computer speakers into an amp.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
I lean the head of my guitar against the closed door of the boiler closet in my room. Adds a lot of volume.
Not really weird, but when one of our college guitar amps broke, I used a 15w Marshall practice amp hooked up to a Roland keyboard amp. The noise it made when I threw the distortion on was apocalyptic.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by bjoern_swe

Bahahahahah YOU WIN!
We played 2 guitars through a fender FM at the same time ... something tells me that we weren't supposed to do that. It sounded like crap and nearly blew the amp up :S
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Keyboard amp. Also I've used my desk as a resonator.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Ihome. I had a 1/4" little converter thing and the cable that came with the ihome ( I don't know what it's for. probably using 2 ipods at once or something).
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Gabbastard
I think this is teh winnar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAExHBrfwU

omfg yes...

ive used my walls as resonators... and my bigmuff as a headphone amp (a weak one)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I've used a car's stereo as an amp, that was fun driving through the local mall riffing... I've used a Wheelie-Bin that was converted into a stereo system as an amp.

The most memorable had to be breaking into our local mall's P.A. system and playing all along the watch tower.
Quote by Gabbastard
I think this is teh winnar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAExHBrfwU

Yeah, but does it have built in reverb and a separate clean channel? Cuz that would kick so much ass... That thing is already pretty brutal. Must build one, for that is so metal!
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Once I sat with my freestyle while playing guitar and then when the song stopped I continued playing and when the wire of the earphones touched my guitar I could hear it pretty loud through the earphones.

Pretty darn nice.
Haha, I knew someone was gonna mention the Sansui joke.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Run it through the PA at band practice for a laugh once, then I turned the PA right up so it distorted. Was kinda weird, worse than any amp I've played though
Quote by druz15_UG
spider II

badoom tish

lol :P

But i've used computer speakers once, they're pretty good clean, but not that loud :P
Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by evilbeaver22
Yeah, but does it have built in reverb and a separate clean channel? Cuz that would kick so much ass... That thing is already pretty brutal. Must build one, for that is so metal!

That thing is built for straight up death metal. No need for cleans or reverb
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i played through a pa system for about six months
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Quote by InsaneWeTrust
I've used a car's stereo as an amp, that was fun driving through the local mall riffing... I've used a Wheelie-Bin that was converted into a stereo system as an amp.

The most memorable had to be breaking into our local mall's P.A. system and playing all along the watch tower.

do tell...
Quote by The red Strat.
do tell...

Heh... Well we don't call them malls we call them shopping centres, but our one is huge, it has movie theaters and restaurants and what not.
Security at our malls has turned into a S**tfight between us teenagers and the security guards. If more than 2 people stand together talking at one time, the guards will come and break you up, saying that your not allowed to gather. We see the reasons, but when its just 2-3 people it gets annoying, especially since its only the teenagers.
Anyway on more than one occasion someone has decided to take the fight a bit further, and has actually started throwing punches, the security guards over-reacted and it ended up turning into a mini riot. Usually on a friday night...

One firday night a group of my friends had been having a chat with the live band that was playing in the outdoor area, and we'd gotten some of our gear out of the back of one of the guy's cars and were having a mini jam during the break.
We were discussing how fun it would be to be able to play over the P.A. when a couple of the security guards came off and went off at us (not the live band) for "busking" and we basically gave them the single finger salute and went around and sat in the soundbooth with the band and the soundtechs. The band asked the soundtechs if hypothetically it would be possible to do it and the techie was like "Yeah sure, we use this booth for everything, any announcements or whatever can be done through here, you just flick those switches which turn the different speakers on".
One of the aforementioned riots broke out. Everyone rushed and I was left there alone staring at the mixer... I flicked every switch, walked out calmly closing the door and pressing the button on it so it locked behind me, over to the stage, picked up the (unplugged) cable and pulled it around behind the stage. We had to rock paper scissors between a tele and strat (the strat won) and so my mate started playing All along the watchtower.
It was beautiful, we got up to about
"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,"
then they cut it off and we bolted.

Fun times...

The strat now hangs in his garage.