Page 1 of 2
So, has anyone on UG ever cut themselves, or physically hurt themselves in any way? Or have you known someone who did?

This is a place for all of us to MATURELY tell our stories, and talk to each other.

I'll start.

Yes, I have cut myself, multiple times, never deep enough to leave scars, but whatever. I also know numerous people who have. As well as knowing those who have cut, I know people who are anorexic.

I honestly have no excuse for what I've done to myself, and the strong, confidant half of me always, always ridicules and abuses me for doing it to myself.

Please, please, no flaming, anyone who's cut should ever be proud of what they've done, so there is no reason you should feel the need to insult us.

Please.
I think that it's a poor way of dealing with emotional distress. However, I do realize that sometimes people just can't take it anymore.
I feel bad for people that resort to self mutilation.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
I don't have any mental problems that I'm aware of, so I haven't even considered self-mutilation.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I have considered it before but luckily I've never gotten to the point we're I've actually cut myself...closest I got was sticking my hands under extremely hot water.
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by SRX700
I think that it's a poor way of dealing with emotional distress. However, I do realize that sometimes people just can't take it anymore.
I feel bad for people that resort to self mutilation.

It is, and I've never ended up feeling better, just with a throbbing pain in my arm. Once I start, (which I recently again did, after not for a while,) it's hard for me to stop.
I honestly think you should talk to a counselor or something. Self Mutilation is a disease, and you're gonna need help to get rid of it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I've never mutilated myself on purpose
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Aw man I always burn myself in the same place on the inside of my right wrist with the pizza pan while taking it out of the oven.
Twice now.
Yep.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I honestly think you should talk to a counselor or something. Self Mutilation is a disease, and you're gonna need help to get rid of it.

I view it more as a condition than a disease.

Not that you asked
Quote by original=punk
It is, and I've never ended up feeling better, just with a throbbing pain in my arm. Once I start, (which I recently again did, after not for a while,) it's hard for me to stop.

It's understandable but there are definitely better ways to deal with things. You could always try writing writing your negative emotions on a piece of paper and then lighting it on fire.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

+1

Go for it dude
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by InvaderTSN
I tend chew on my fingers a lot. Does that count?

I do that too, I don't believe it counts, unless you do it explicitly to feel the pain.

and IMABALLPLAYER, yeah, I know, but I beat it once without a counseller, I can beat it again.

Damn, my right hand is pretty cold right now.
^ A shot of vodka will improve your circulation, seriously.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Quote by original=punk
I do that too, I don't believe it counts, unless you do it explicitly to feel the pain.

and IMABALLPLAYER, yeah, I know, but I beat it once without a counseller, I can beat it again.

Damn, my right hand is pretty cold right now.

Well... I don't wanna sound mean or offensive or anything, but if you have to beat it again, then you didn't really beat it the first time. I'm serious, you need to go talk to a counselor.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by original=punk

I do it because it gives my hands something to do when we get lectures.
Quote by SRX700
It's understandable but there are definitely better ways to deal with things. You could always try writing writing your negative emotions on a piece of paper and then lighting it on fire.

Honestly, I tried that, i tried so many ways, but there;s just so much frustration and stuff, I have to break something. Since I view myself pretty negatively, I believe it's okay to "break" myself.
I don't cut myself.. at all. the only time I was close to self-mutilation (prepare to read some REALLY stupid thing I did).. it was more like mutilation.. 'cause I have this friend who cuts himself a LOT.. and he told me like.. oh hey, lets play again.. and I went like, okay.. and he said I'm gonna put my fingernails on the inside part of your arm.. and you're gonna put your fingernails on the inside part of my arm.. and whoever bleeds first looses.. and I told him.. NO.. but he told me that if I won he'd pay me 20 bucks.. (oh btw.. I'm very competitive) so, I agreed...

the results: I lost 20 bucks and now I have 4 scars on the inside part of my arm.. oh and it hurt.. a lot.. for like 5 days..... ouch

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Well... I don't wanna sound mean or offensive or anything, but if you have to beat it again, then you didn't really beat it the first time. I'm serious, you need to go talk to a counselor.

Tell that to an alcoholic. They never completely beat their addiction. Butto be a reformed alcoholic is quite an accomplishment.
Quote by original=punk
Honestly, I tried that, i tried so many ways, but there;s just so much frustration and stuff, I have to break something. Since I view myself pretty negatively, I believe it's okay to "break" myself.

Why don't you turn your frustration towards the source? Break it instead of yourself.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
My ex-girlfriend used to cut, starting before we were together, she had some bad/abusive relationships before. She always used to say that she cut because it was the one thing where she could have control of the pain. I continually pleaded with her to stop because its a very painful thing to see someone you love hurting themselves and they can't even help it. Eventually I, in a small way, helped her to stop by staying with her and convincing her of her self worth. She honestly thought she was nothing when we first got together. I think its realy sad that some people make fun of people who cut or are suicidal. Especially when most of them don't know what its like to be related to a situation like that.
Quote by SRX700
Why don't you turn your frustration towards the source? Break it instead of yourself.

The source is either myself or humanity. I know, it's the stupidest thing, you've ever heard, you don't need to tell me.
I used to make my self throw up.
Last year i used to put on teh Lamb Of Godz and punch the boxing bag for as long as i could until i collapsed and threw up.
When i couldn't be bothered wasting all that time to make myself throw up and to screw up my knuckles (theyr badly scarred now) i used to eat a lot and then drink a lot of water and puke it all up in the toilet.
Other times i used to punch brick walls or smash my head against hard surfaces

I have anger management issues too, troubles dealing with/expressing my emotions
So that doesn't help
Last night i kicked a massive hole in a fence coz i was pissed off
and now i can't walk properly today
Gooby Pls.
Quote by original=punk
Tell that to an alcoholic. They never completely beat their addiction. Butto be a reformed alcoholic is quite an accomplishment.

You got me there... I'm not sure if self mutilation is the same as an alcoholic in that sense, but I can assure it would be easier to not relapse if you saw a counselor. Hope you get better!

I used to cut myself cause' I thought emo cuts were awesome.My first one was awesome but the when I tried again,they all sucked.Im not emo anymore but I still have scars =(
Quote by original=punk
The source is either myself or humanity. I know, it's the stupidest thing, you've ever heard, you don't need to tell me.

man it's not stupid.. I know about it.. it's just this whole frustration feeling and you just can't help it.. because it's not your "fault" (if I can put it that way)

you'll never get to break humanity.. so, insted of that, think of the way you look at things.. like, you can always be so much better.. I'd tell you this whole inspirational talk I got from my mom last month.. but you wont like it..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by timo1
I used to cut myself cause' I thought emo cuts were awesome.My first one was awesome but the when I tried again,they all sucked.Im not emo anymore but I still have scars =(

It's stuff like this that makes problemed people angrier.
Quote by original=punk

I don't think it's stupid and I really don't think you should blame yourself. If you **** something up you need to just let go. Learn to forgive yourself.

Quote by timo1

Shut up.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Quote by pawm24
man it's not stupid.. I know about it.. it's just this whole frustration feeling and you just can't help it.. because it's not your "fault" (if I can put it that way)

you'll never get to break humanity.. so, insted of that, think of the way you look at things.. like, you can always be so much better.. I'd tell you this whole inspirational talk I got from my mom last month.. but you wont like it..

Half the time I do think it's my fault. I basically have two me's, one is strong, and hatews weak people, the other is weak, so the weak me is everything in humanity that I, the real me, who has all the anger of the Strong person, hates. So he takes it out on the weak guy.

But the weak guy has no backbone, so he just becomes more and more of a weakling I break down.
Quote by original=punk
Half the time I do think it's my fault. I basically have two me's, one is strong, and hatews weak people, the other is weak, so the weak me is everything in humanity that I, the real me, who has all the anger of the Strong person, hates. So he takes it out on the weak guy.

But the weak guy has no backbone, so he just becomes more and more of a weakling I break down.

it would be so good for you to think a lot about how you want to see things.. and about how they really are.. and about the two you's.. everybody goes trough that sometime.. it's just harder for some people.. try talking to someone that you really trust.. or some random stranger (that's SO good.. try it sometime) because it feels good to take some weight out of your shoulders.. it's as if you share some pain..

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by pawm24
it would be so good for you to think a lot about how you want to see things.. and about how they really are.. and about the two you's.. everybody goes trough that sometime.. it's just harder for some people.. try talking to someone that you really trust.. or some random stranger (that's SO good.. try it sometime) because it feels good to take some weight out of your shoulders.. it's as if you share some pain..

I know I should, and that's sort of why I made this thread, meet other like me.

I should be getting to sleep, though.

Thanks, guys Keep chattin it up, and keep it clean
Thread starter, you seem to be pretty confused about this yourself. I mean, you seem to be at a struggle with cutting yourself, you don't want to do it, but you feel that you need to. I really hope the best for you, and that you're able to understand what's going on with your body and control it. Again, I wish you the best.

As for myself, I've never self-mutilated, it's never crossed my mind.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
I don't have the willpower to do any of those things.
Plus, I thankfully don't feel the need.

I do know someone on here that is basically anorexic. Though, I'm not sure if he would mind me mentioning names, so I'm just gunna keep it to myself. I really fucking wish I could help him though.

I get annoyed when people joke about serious problems like this.
"Omg. They cut themselves, how fucking emo. Their life is so good, they're just being tryhards"
How do they know what their life is like? I'm not saying I understand cutters at all, but I don't see the logic behind calling them emo, and ignoring their problems.
They obviously need help, and they should get it without feeling like the world will shun them.

...I'm not sure if any of that made sense.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
writing thoughts down helps with some problems. theres no need to mutilate.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Well does anyone know how to stop people from cutting?
My 2 best friend's have been cutting apparently over a girl (there own gf respectively)
It saddens me when they show up with new scars on there arms.
No matter how many times I tell them to stop they just say they can't stop cutting.
Any advice here?
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Page 1 of 2