hey all.
im looking to get a new pedal, but im not sure if i want a overdrive or a distortion. at the moment i have a boss ds2 turbo distortion that i got with my amp. i dont really like it, so at the mo i just use my amps didtortion (peavey studio pro 112). i play music styles from punk with quite a bit of muting, but also softer rock. i want a good solid heavey sound for my punk band, but i also need a good solo tone, as i play lead. can anyone suggest me a pedal? i dont want to spend hundreds either, so yeh im after something reasonably priced

thanks
Andrew
New amp?
The turbo distortion is actually alright for a boss disto. If you don't like that, you may have to get a new amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
lol i just got my amp. the ds2 is sorta too crunchy for me, i want a smoother sound, without the harshness of the ds2
I think the Studio Pro 112 is the best amp there is for its very cheap price. My school has several and they are ****in great! I dont see why you would need a distortion pedal
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
tube screamer
od-1
maybe a digitech grunge?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
ibanez tube screamer, the 9 if you can afford it.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Smooher eh?
I think an OD would be better for you.
Depending on your budget, try out a Digitech Bad Monkey (not digital) if you have a tight budget. Or an Ibanez TS9 or higher if you have a bit looser budget.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Smooher eh?
I think an OD would be better for you.
Depending on your budget, try out a Digitech Bad Monkey (not digital) if you have a tight budget. Or an Ibanez TS9 or higher if you have a bit looser budget.

Well theres a cheaper version of the TS9, the TS7 its far cheaper than the TS9 & TS808. The TS7 in Pounds (im english) its cost around £28-£40 (so in american dollars thats roughly $59-$79 Dollars i think, i maybe wrong.)

The only few differences with the TS7 to the TS9 and TS808 is the TS7 is a different colour it has a tone- lok system so if your playing you wont kick your settings off and it has a hot button that gives the pedal about 7db's more of distortion. And the TS7 is made in japan but its the same circuit board and technology in the TS9 & TS808.

But still i recommend a bad monkey or a Boss SD-1 or other OD pedals.
i just bought a ds2, i also have a marshall mg10cd 40 watt amp...what settings does anyone recommend for the pedal and/or amp? i play with an epiphone les paul custom, love thick distortion, not really a metalhead i play rhythm guitar and lead vocals in my band, i use alot of barre chords and power chords but im not limited to them. biggest influences id say would be sugarcult and sum 41