So i'm re-building a Hamer strat copy for the gf. Basically, it's another excuse for me to tear down and refinish another guitar...

I have a set of p90's out of an old epi Goldtop that I was thinking about putting in it. what would be the best option for placement?

-P90 in neck position
-p90 in bridge pos
or
-p90's in bridge and neck
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
I played one with P90's in the neck and bridge, but I am planning on putting one in the bridge of mine later down the line. I would think that it would be best in the bridge because it's a little fatter than the reg SC
Thats what i was thinking about the bridge.
but then, I loved the warmth of the neck pup in th LP in which it came from.
So i'll probably end up dropping them both in there. Time to get out the router
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
yeah it should work. you might aswell just make it a jazzmaster type thing, with it in bridge and neck and take out the 5 way and put in a 3 way and leave out the middle pickup (or keep it in). it shouldnt be that hard, because the majority of the stuff on any strat (or knockoff) has the majority of the hardware attached to the pickguard, and you could easily make a new pickguard out of some acrylic sheet or something. either way it should sound pretty sweet.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Mar 30, 2008,
Why would I remove the middle pu? Wouldn't it give/add a few more sound options?
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Quote by appetite4gnr
Why would I remove the middle pu? Wouldn't it give/add a few more sound options?

Yes, I agree. Keep it in for added sonic possibilities. p-90 in neck and bridge and strat SC in mid.
thats the arrangement I was thinking. Thanks.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
but put the strat bridge single coil(reversed obv) in the middle so you dont get volume loss.
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by ManicBluesist
but put the strat bridge single coil(reversed obv) in the middle so you dont get volume loss.

Yeah, but they are designed to be put at an angle. I'd stick with the mid p'up. The difference can be useful or you can just adjust pickups heights to equalize.
since the sc bridge was angled, should the p90 be angled?
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Quote by appetite4gnr
since the sc bridge was angled, should the p90 be angled?

No, because it wouldn't have been angled on the les paul.
Alright, cool. Thanks!
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah