My sleeping habits has really gone down the ****ter ... and I blame the net ... and myself of course haha, and t.v ... and video games ... and ahem ok I won't go on.

Basically I can never seem to pull myself away from anything at night and just go to sleep until it is basically 5 or 6 in the morning. Even if I do have work at say 1030, I'll only get 4 hours of sleep, but still manage to stay up on 4 hours of sleep once again till early in the morning, basically until a day where I can sleep till whenever I like, which ends up being 5 PM because of all the sleep I've lost.

What I'm going to try to do is begin to cut back on caffeine ... to the point of not drinking it at all anymore past the afternoon time. Today I think I'm going to stay away, and go to work with no sleep, and then passout at 11PM ... I think I could do that. Falling asleep at 11, and that will hopefully have me wake up at an earlier time, before classes, say 10-11 AM. Then from that point I can hopefully finally get into a normal sleep habit, I just hate that I have such a crap sleep schedule now.

Any suggestions or similar stories.
I am a vampire.
dude, I just woke up

... it's 3 am
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
dude, I just woke up

... it's 3 am

How is it 3 am for you right now? I thought Calgary was farther east
Quote by imgooley
I am a vampire.

That wins the most random reply of the day for me.

Anyway, tell me about it, story of my life since like 8th grade.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by imgooley
How is it 3 am for you right now? I thought Calgary was farther east

I'm sorry what?

what time is it in Cali?

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Beats having insomnia. I fell asleep at 7:00 AM yesterday, woke up at 6:00 PM and I've been up since then. My sleep deprived brain was convinced just 5 minutes ago that microwaving some 1 week old Little Caesar's and having a strong cup of coffee would go great together. More disturbing yet is that I am completely sober at the moment and this tastes perfectly fine.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Beats having insomnia. I fell asleep at 7:00 AM yesterday, woke up at 6:00 PM and I've been up since then. My sleep deprived brain was convinced just 5 minutes ago that microwaving some 1 week old Little Caesar's and having a strong cup of coffee would go great together. More disturbing yet is that I am completely sober at the moment and this tastes perfectly fine.

Sounds like my day, cept I fell asleep at 6 AM woke up at 5 PM ... and now I'm drinking some Pepsi even though I just said I need to cut back on caffeine ... ah boy, and I had a sandwich as well before.
Quote by Carswell98
I'm sorry what?

what time is it in Cali?

It's like 2. Is Calgary Mt time?
You're not going to have any luck curing your sleeping patterns unless you're dead serious and very disciplined about it. You won't just be able to start going to bed at 11 and waking up at 7, your body won't have a clue what's going on and'll freak out. Start by allocating 10 hour intervals for sleep every night, say 10pm till 8am, and make sure you stick to those times. It's important to get your body into a routine, equally important to realise your body won't be used to the hours it's going to be subject to. You'll find it pretty ****ing hard the first 2 or 3 weeks, but you have to persist, it gets much easier.

Good luck mang.
Quote by imgooley
It's like 2. Is Calgary Mt time?

yes, dude Calgary is like an hour drive away from the Rockies
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

when I had problems going to sleep at a reasonable hour I just made a task in the task scheduler with a command which logs me off at 00:15 and I know that I HAVE to go to sleep no matter what

you just need to realize that the internet will not go away, you can keep refreshing your inbox or whatever you do in the morning
Quote by Carswell98
yes, dude Calgary is like an hour drive away from the Rockies

Well excuse me for not knowing, in detail, the geography AND topography of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quote by imgooley
Well excuse me for not knowing, in detail, the geography AND topography of Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Birdy266
You can drink after the afternoon just drink water

Yeah that is what I mean, just no caffeine drinks.
In the last 2 weeks of holidays Ive gone from sleep between 12 and 1 am to 8am and changed it to sleep at 9am and waking at 5pm. That is until 2day where it is 11.30am now and I'm still awake so I figure I'll do an all day thing so I'll be wrecked by tonight and sleep at a relatively normal time. Means I'll have to do no work today though cause I'd end up doing it badly.
I am also currently nocturnal
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
anyone thought maybe Ts started this so he could find out when you are all sleeping?
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Sleep patterns go to pot for me on holidays... Otherwise I keep to a rough 10PM-8AM sleep. Holidays, I crash and sleep 10pm-midday, or later, and the next day don't sleep at all and have a nap on the day after that around 4, maybe 5.

S*** happens.
I go to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 during school nights. I probably fall asleep within 1-3 hours of going to bed, and then get up like 6:30 every morning.

The routine helps during school. On weekends I just go to bed whenever, normally 11ish. I wake up like 9-10 normally.

During holidays though... whoa. I'm screwed. Christmas hols I got into the habit of staying up 'til around 1ish, then waking up at lunch time. Really screwed me up when school came back.

You just gotta get a structure that works for you and allows you to do what you want.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
normally if i've ****ed up my sleeping pattern i pull an all night and try to last until about 9pm the next day...then you sleep for about 12 hours because you'll be so tired from staying up all night but that will mean you wake up at 9am the next morning

my pattern was practically New Zealand time 4 days ago but now im waking up at 7am everyday
Quote by sFsKroniK
anyone thought maybe Ts started this so he could find out when you are all sleeping?

Someone's gonna get raped!
United as One, Divided by Zero
Yeah dude, I've had that same problem before.

Speaking of weird patterns, though, I went to bed at 11 PM, and woke up at 5 AM and took a shower and ate...that's really random for me. I usually don't wake up until 10 or 11 AM.
I work from 6pm to 6am every wednesday and thursday and 6am to 6pm every other day except for fridays and saturdays...so basically, i hate my life
I went to bed at 2 last night and ended up reading until 4 and getting to sleep at 6.

Up at 10:30, oooh yeah.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Cut back on the caffeine and pull an all nighter when you don't have work the next day, that way you'll get to sleep no bother by about 10 pm the next day. That's what I do. I went through a period 2 years ago where I was getting out of bed at 6 - 7 pm everyday for a few months...
...Bleep Bloop...
Ugh. I know the feeling TS. I used to have bad sleeping patterns. 7 AM till late arvo.
Now its along the lines of 3 am till 11 am. You just have to try sleeping a little bit earlier every night and eventually it works out. None of this " I'll just slug it out without sleep today" to fix it.
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
Ugh. I know the feeling TS. I used to have bad sleeping patterns. 7 AM till late arvo.
Now its along the lines of 3 am till 11 am. You just have to try sleeping a little bit earlier every night and eventually it works out. None of this " I'll just slug it out without sleep today" to fix it.

Doesn't work if you don't feel tired though. The problem is I can stay up 16 hours and sleep 9, thats a 25 hour day. You can see the problem I'm sure.
For about 8 months I have woken up at 6.55am exactly no matter what time I go to bed. Since last Wednesday I've been waking up at like 12pm and 1pm and it's lame. I need to get back into my regular sleep pattern, especially since my band practice starts at 11am.