modded ibanez
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

ibanez even if the ts7 isnt that good, i would say a ts 9 or ts 808
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
well maxon od808 stock is better then the ibanez TS9 and 808 stock
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by Ferrarone
There isn't much difference between the TS7 and TS9. The TS9 just looks so sexy.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
There isn't much difference between the TS7 and TS9. The TS9 just looks so sexy.

+1, there almost is no difference at all, and by changing 2 capacitors in the circuit or something daft like that, you basically have TS-808
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by cratskomodo
so do those 2 capacitors change the sound enough so that a ts7 doesnt sound as good as a ts808?

oops, i meant resistors. but yeah, read the link redh0tchilip3pp posted, it'll explain.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by cratskomodo
so in that tutorial you're basically making the Hot mode into a TS9 mode?

No, i think what its saying is that Hot mode basically is the same as a TS9. The tutorial is changing it to TS808 specs.

Quote by cratskomodo
ah i see.
is the mod really noticable?

Not that much really. There isn't much difference between the 7, 9, and 808.

Well, by all means, mod it instead of getting the store-bought reissue TS808. I've compared the two side by side, and they're practically identical. So if you want that specific 808 sound and not the TS7 sound, mod it. There are other things you could do to it that would change the sound more dramatically, but that could lead you down a long, solder-smoke filled DIY road. Which is fun, but distracting from actually playing guitar.
alright so there are two settings on the TS7, there's TS9 and Hot Mode.
doing the mod will in turn make the TS9 setting into TS808 setting and then the Hot Mode will put the Hot Mode on the now TS808 right?
See, the thing is...
that changes it to a modern 808...and the vintage 808 circuit would do mayer better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Ferrarone

You're aware that the TS7 can be modded to the exact specs of those right?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted