Recently I've been looking at a new line of picks released by a pick company called Dava, I've mentioned the picks I use of theirs before.
This new line of picks have a nickel silver edge and are coated with rubber for grip.
From what I've always been told is that metal picks or objects will cause damage to your strings, I really want to try these new picks but paying out another $20 to replace my steel strings isn't something I can afford just to see if they will damage the strings. (You can check out the picks on their website, not going to include it incase it's viewed as advertising).
They're harder on the strings than plastic picks, but they won't immediately snap them or anything. For some people, the brighter tone etc is worth the shorter string life.
Thank you very much
I was worried because no matter how much I love and respect the brand I havn't seen fender or any other picks out there like it and my wallet is thin enough after fixing up my steel string melissa.
These picks look ace! Ice had a nylon one of theirs before and loved it! You think my local music store would order in some of the new metal tip ones for me?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I tried a metal pick once, I didn't like it. It sort of gripped the string when I tried to play fast and didn't really last any longer than a normal pick. The paint rubbed off on my hand as well.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Vauxite
These picks look ace! Ice had a nylon one of theirs before and loved it! You think my local music store would order in some of the new metal tip ones for me?

I have 3 local guitar stores, and they each sell a different brand. I'm guessing that wherever you live it will be the same. The one where I buy my picks from doesn't order any fender gear whatsoever.

From what I know is that your local store will not order in anything that isn't from the brand they already order.
Quote by InsaneWeTrust
I have 3 local guitar stores, and they each sell a different brand. I'm guessing that wherever you live it will be the same. The one where I buy my picks from doesn't order any fender gear whatsoever.

From what I know is that your local store will not order in anything that isn't from the brand they already order.

I bought one from there before but it was just a nylon one, but it was DAVA, so they might do, i'll have to ask i guess
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I use the dava mini 4 pack they all work great love the metal ones dont worry as long as your using heavy gauge strings.