Basically my band.

we are all 15-16. I'm the rhythem guitarist. basically we haven't really done any REAL gigs, but we've got a few recordings up.

The first two are real hard rock kinda stuff, the acoustic song Three words we recorded in a shed.... so yes we are aware its a bit... gay.

however, we are planning getting back into the studio to record a rock version

check it out

www.myspace.com/raisedtoruins
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Last edited by vivalaheerey at Mar 30, 2008,
cheers we only recorded like this wed.
just out of curiosity, which do u prefere?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
ha ok, the whole band preferes Fade Away but EVERYONe seems to prefer Everyday
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
you guys are pretty good : o
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Allen2288
Impressive +add

seconded
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Lols thanks blink? really? The drummer is a huge Blink fan, the singer is hugely influences by Yellowcard and Blink, the lead guitarist is very influenced by Funeral for a friend and Killswitch Engage and I'm influenced by Killswitch and Bullet.

cheers for all the feedback!
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
haha sup hot pants
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
this kid called dan, he used to be in our lead guitarsist (also named dan) old band.

hoping to gig at hermit aorund may june time
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
hus playing? on teh site it doesn't sya. and i missed last weeks gig, and a REAL good band was playing, Shadows Chasing Ghosts
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
yeah i was gonna go then too but it was cancelled

Isabelle & I are playing on friday
they're REALLY good
and there's probably gonna be some other good bands
and bring everyone, i haven't seen you lot in aaaages
Rockin' shit
lol ok ill try, i do fancy going indoors. ill see what i can do mate
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
fade away is a total killswitch engage rip off, I'd drop it entirely. The singing is too childish sounding (undeveloped vocals). Everyday (beginning), sounds a lot like as i lay dying, or at least that "generic death metal sound" if u catch my drift.

overall I'd say the vocals are lacking, the drums are oddly simplistic for the music, which isn't necessarily bad.. and the guitar isn't really pushing the norm too much at all, it's just playing off of other trademark band's sounds. (ie KSE)
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
mhmmmm we do like killswitch. yeah the vocalist has only got into the rock kinda stuff, so he still sings like he sings pop punk. our drummer has only drumemd for bout 3 years, and he was meant to ave a double bass pedal for the songs, but the guy he ordered it off won't give it to him yet.

and everyday sounds liek as i lay dying? we have only just discovered them. teh lead guitarist sent me Nothing Left just yesterday, freaky but yeah.

cheers for the points
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Fade away is LOADS like killswitch, the start really, other than that it sounds really good.
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
I like to look for improvements that can be made. i don't mind constructive critcism.

besides, he practically said we sound liek Killswitch which was our aim. we love them. but about the guitars being simple.... he obv hasn't REALLY tried playin the lead guitar part. its playing the same as the rhytm plus some extra bits. very funeral for a friend really. and the guitar break bit.

your always gonna ave the haters
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
yeah we didn't ave a bassist at the time, (we now do) so we just played the bass ourselves. it was some ****ty bass that was older than we were that belonged to the lead guitarists dad. and we had to drop to c with strings that were probably aorund since jesus.
and we always played the bass notes a octave higher, so the bass isn't very clear

for the acoustic song, we have dropped it in C and gonna re record it, loads of palm muting and its faster
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Singer definately needs to work on his strength, but that comes with practice and actually using your diaphragm when singing rather than what most people do. Saying that he's sounding pretty good in the acoustic song.

But never go screamo. lol its just great with the proper singing, if it was screamed it would be like ... majorly generic. So yeah lol nice one guys!

Good luck for the future!
Last edited by Of_Wolves at Apr 5, 2008,
cheers. thanks, yeah we are working on improving atm, we've got the outline of our sound now we are just tuning it so we get it perfect
juts came back from a prac, and we ave 2 new songs which should be up in the following months so keep checkin
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2