07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

If you're in the key of D major, use D major. Modal music is different from key based music.
The mode you described is F# phrygian. Despite having the same notes, it is not the same as its relative major, and it cannot be used in the same situations.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
A mode is just a scale but starting from a note that isn't the root, so it won't have any different notes, but you can't really use any of the modes based around D major to solo in D major because of the different interval patterns. As far as I'm aware, anyway.
Yes, that's a mode of the D major scale.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by SmarterChild
A mode is just a scale but starting from a note that isn't the root, so it won't have any different notes, but you can't really use any of the modes based around D major to solo in D major because of the different interval patterns. As far as I'm aware, anyway.

You're correct. If the chord progression does not suggest a specific mode, then you're not working in that mode.