I recently had to quit my band because i failed 2 classes. My dad won't let me go to band practice so i just quit. Has this ever happened to one of you guys?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Not sure why your dad would punish you by making you quit something that is productive and could potentially lead to a career..
No.

Sucks to be you though.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I constantly fear it. I'm so ****in up A-levels
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
One thing my parents would never do is take away my guitars, or, if i was in band, make me quit. My dad is quite the opposite, he really wants me to join a band.
Quote by Themann810
Not sure why your dad would punish you by making you quit something that is productive and could potentially lead to a career..

Ooooo...don't say that word when I'm around!

Me: Dad can I buy myself a PS3 with my own money I've saved up?

Dad: No, do someting productive, like learning guitar

And here I am, while 2/3 ppl in my class have a PS3, only I and 2 others play guitar well
Quote by Green RATM Day
Ooooo...don't say that word when I'm around!

Me: Dad can I buy myself a PS3 with my own money I've saved up?

Dad: No, do someting productive, like learning guitar

And here I am, while 2/3 ppl in my class have a PS3, only I and 2 others play guitar well

he's got a point though. it's always a lame party when the guy who brings his PS3 is cooler than the guy who brings his guitar.
Quote by Themann810

i wonder whats up with my parents.

ME: dad can i have a new amp?

DAD: no. do something more productive.

If you fail at 2 classes, why would meake you give up what you're good at? thats just dodgy
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by frigginjerk
he's got a point though. it's always a lame party when the guy who brings his PS3 is cooler than the guy who brings his guitar.

Thanks

And I'm not saying that I would still trade my guitar for a PS3. I can still afford a PS3, but my parents won't let me buy one, so right now I go: Eat, Sleep, Guitar, Repeat.
Quote by batiboy06
i wonder whats up with my parents.

ME: dad can i have a new amp?

DAD: no. do something more productive.

Lol, I get the same:

Me: Dad, can I have a new amp? Or a Whammy/Wah Pedal to play my favourite bands?
Dad: No, practice more

Quote by Green RATM Day
Thanks

And I'm not saying that I would still trade my guitar for a PS3. I can still afford a PS3, but my parents won't let me buy one, so right now I go: Eat, Sleep, Guitar, Repeat.

I think your dad wants you to buy an Xbox 360.
No, I've quit all my bands on my own.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Green RATM Day
Lol, I get the same:

Me: Dad, can I have a new amp? Or a Whammy/Wah Pedal to play my favourite bands?
Dad: No, practice more

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by 12Jim34
One thing my parents would never do is take away my guitars, or, if i was in band, make me quit. My dad is quite the opposite, he really wants me to join a band.

My dad wants it to much and he moans at me whenever I leave a band or we deform.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
You're dad probably has a point. If you're failing 2 classes, it either means you're a ****ing retard, you're lazy, or you don't have enough time to get all your work done and study. And maybe he knows your band sucks, and is trying to protect you.
Peace.
You're not quitting a band by force. You're being forced to quit a band.

Quitting a band by force would be storming in, yelling "I QUIT!" and punching your drummer in the face. Then going to Brighams to celebrate a successful band departure with a delicious strawberry ice cream cone.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder

Quitting a band by force would be storming in, yelling "I QUIT!" and punching your drummer in the face. Then going to Brighams to celebrate a successful band departure with a delicious strawberry ice cream cone.

That's exactly what I thought. As much as I want to punch my band members in the face, I wouldnt quit by force.

"Im quitting the band...now say hello to my little friend!"
Quote by Gunpowder

+1

I really want to do something "by force". And this idea would be epic.
i was forced to take a two month hiatus during football season. practice interfered with game day, and sense it was only two months, i didnt mind taking the time off. two months of no band is fair in exchange for ten months with it imo.
Quote by 12Jim34

same here, only problem is finding people who will play what i tell them- noone seems to understand that i know what im doing and i they ask to join my band then they cant tell me what to do.
now extra flamey
yeah i cant buy any **** for my guitar either. i bought a new amp and he's like save that money and im like for what? i'm gonna buy a guitar out of spite.
(\__/)
Quote by crazygluedmybut
You're dad probably has a point. If you're failing 2 classes, it either means you're a ****ing retard, you're lazy, or you don't have enough time to get all your work done and study. And maybe he knows your band sucks, and is trying to protect you.

Im not retarded just lazy and my band doesnt suck. My dad is too pompous to even hear us play.
(\__/)
Parents should be the ones encouraging you to play instruments, or express yourself in whatever way. Playing in your band probably helps relieve stress and gives you that needed break from school and the like. Just try working a bit harder in school and explain to your parents that it's something you honestly enjoy, and ask him to give you a little more time to improve your grades.

Say your dad likes reading the paper. Ask him how he'd feel if you took the paper away from him for not making $200,000 a year. I know it's not exactly the same with grades, but he should get the idea.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by crazygluedmybut

that unnessary
some people just are not as good in school as you are, so stop being a dick and start learning thart some people are better at other things, or i WILL breeak your nose