Anyone out there an avid player/owner of the now out of production SZ models? Here are a few pictures of my SZ520:

Share your own pics and your experiences with the SZ series.

d-axenut
Haven't they replaced them with something similar though?

That's a damn nice guitar though. I own an S series, and I'd jump on an S/SZ 7 string hardtail.
I don't quite understand why Ibanez don't do an S series with a wizard neck, set/thru neck and string through. Honestly, I'd be all over that crap.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
I don't quite understand why Ibanez don't do an S series with a wizard neck, set/thru neck and string through. Honestly, I'd be all over that crap.

Not to burst your bubble, but:

The '08 version is very similar to it. Mahogany, set neck, string through, not sure if the neck is a Wizard or specific to the SZ (or SZR as they're now called). Got different fret markers and pickups I think.
webbtje,

Looks like you upgraded your pup's, are they EMG's? Which ones?

d-axenut
I just got that off google. I've got an S320 with Dimarzio D sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck.

Judging by the colours on the one in the pic, I'd say that was an 81/60 combo, but I'm not too sure. 81 in the bridge for certain anyway.
I have an '06 SZ520FM in dark amber sunburst with the heartbeat inlay. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Green Jelly,

Why the love/hate?

I know I've been struggling a little to eliminate fret buzz with mine. It has some bad buzzing when I play powerchords on 5th and 6th strings, but otherwise on single note riffs or regular open or barre chords, it's not bad.

d-axenut
That would just be an action/truss rod adjustment problem rather than a design fault though. I tend to ignore fret buzz unless it's audile when amplified anyway.
The fact it's almost impossible to entirely eliminate buzz. I'm still not sure whether I like the shape or not. The flame maple looks stunning, especially in this price range, but maybe I would've liked a black SZ320 better. I bought it because it was the best guitar within my budget in the local shop. Nowadays, I test guitars, go home, think about it and test them again and again before I decide.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Alright I need help with this SZ520 (SZ520QMVCB).

Here is the the ad http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/5457528&category=strings-guitar

The guy is selling it for 440$ (without the case), it says it's 2 months old and from more pictures that I saw it looks brand new. Does this sound like a good deal? I could probably negociate it to 400$
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Last edited by marc137 at May 27, 2008,