e--0--
B--5--
G--0--
D--4--
A--5--
E--3--

G, D, F#, G, E, E

the best i could get is Gmaj7add13 (no 3rd) but that seems extremely crude and cumbersome. i think i'm too fixated on making it a G chord because G is the bass note, and the only other major scale it fits into is D major, but then its just the 1st four notes (D, E, F#, G), and i'm not aware of any chord that can be made from that.

any less ugly names you guys can figure? Or fallacies in my chord building logic?

Any help is appreciated.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Em9/G ?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
What about Em9/G (no5)?
I actually don't know crap about theory, I just consulted Guitar Pro's chord library.
Some other options:
G7Madd13 (no3)
D11/G (no5 no7)
F#9-/5+/G (no3)
Quote by goducks11
I dont even know how the hell you would physically do that.

Going from bottom string to top, it would be first finger, third, second, open, fourth, and open.

Back on topic, I don't know much about chord names, but I do know that this chord sounds like something only Stone Temple Pilots would use -- it's not that clean, it's awkward, and sounds like it wouldn't work in just any song like, say, and open E chord or something like that.

Sorry I didn't help much, but I just thought I'd point out just how selective that chord is.
Two hands, holding one guitar.
for you guys saying Em9 (no 5th), how does the D factor into there? Shouldn't it be E7add9 instead, or some other form of 7 chord? I'm not trying to challenge you, but as far as my theory knowledge goes the D is unaccounted for.
Dunno, but there are 4 spots it sounds nice on my acoustic. 1st fret, 3rd fret(original post), 6th fret, and 8th fret. I mute the high-e though, gives it a nice mellow tonality.
Quote by sixstringsteve
for you guys saying Em9 (no 5th), how does the D factor into there? Shouldn't it be E7add9 instead, or some other form of 7 chord? I'm not trying to challenge you, but as far as my theory knowledge goes the D is unaccounted for.

-Em9 consists of E, G, B, D, F# (1, b3, 5, b7, 9), while E7add9 (1, 3, 5, b7, 9) would have G# (major third) instead of G (minor third).
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
Quote by Der Bomber
-Em9 consists of E, G, B, D, F# (1, b3, 5, b7, 9), while E7add9 (1, 3, 5, b7, 9) would have G# (major third) instead of G (minor third).

ahh well i meant Em7add9, not major, but i'm guessing now that since both Em7add9 and Em9 consist of 1, b3, 5, b7, and 9, that either would work in this case. Thanks alot
Quote by sixstringsteve
ahh well i meant Em7add9, not major, but i'm guessing now that since both Em7add9 and Em9 consist of 1, b3, 5, b7, and 9, that either would work in this case. Thanks alot
Em9 implies the minor seventh note. Em7add9 will be understood, but you will be mocked for using it. Em9 is the standard name.

I'll second Em9/G.