hi im looking for an amp suited to metallica, ozzy/randy rhoads, some acdc and alot cleaner stuff. it should be big enough to gig with and high gains with nice cleans. i could always boost it with a mxt dist. + or tubescreamer just in case ur wondering. i would like it to have reverb, at least two channels and under 750$... if i were to get a half stack the budget would be around 950$. oh and NO SOLID STATES only all tube amps. my choices are peavey valveking half stack(yes i know its big), used 5150 (maybe), any marshall, or a line 6 spider valve 212(maybe.
please no oranges, or hartke(i cant get em
used 5150 maby a carvin v3
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
You'll never get a Marshall or Orange under $1000, period. Unless you go used and the person is ****ing retarded. I'd go either Valveking (because the 5150s are notorious for lackluster cleans), or maybe the Spider Valve head and a cab. My buddy plays one through a B-52 AT cab and it has almost as much gain as my 5150, and just as good of cleans as my JCM. With the tube screamer you could push it to the 5150 level though, just not quite as smooth I would think.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
A used Mesa Boogie Mark III is within your budget.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I wouldent go with the valveking i find it very sterile and dull sounding :-\.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Get a Peavey Windsor. Although, not the cleanest amp ever...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by metallicafan433
i dont think i can get carvins ... d**m

why not? carvin are amazing!
and are you sure you wanna blow that much money if you havent been playing that long?
Quote by bite_the_bullet
You'll never get a Marshall or Orange under $1000, period. Unless you go used and the person is ****ing retarded. I'd go either Valveking (because the 5150s are notorious for lackluster cleans), or maybe the Spider Valve head and a cab. My buddy plays one through a B-52 AT cab and it has almost as much gain as my 5150, and just as good of cleans as my JCM. With the tube screamer you could push it to the 5150 level though, just not quite as smooth I would think.

ive seen marshalls under 1000 especially that one combo amp, not sure of the name, but its only 1200ish brand new, soo it would easily go under 1000 used...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
you could probably get a Marshall combo, but you'll probably NEVER get a stack for under $1,000!
O O

___
Quote by metallicafan433
how heavy can the valveking get with tubescreamer or mxr dist.?

first off, distortiona nd tubescreamer completely diff things, no point in buying a tube amp and overridin gthe natural distortion with fake distortion, 2 adding a tubescreamer basically makes any tube amp amazing for hi gain stuff, and 3rd dont get a valveking, if you have that much money get a carvin! why can you not get a carvin?
thank god i just found a carvin dealer kinda close, i think i should save up for a v3 looks and sounds nice and thanks for recomeding carvins
Quote by metallicafan433
thank god i just found a carvin dealer kinda close, i think i should save up for a v3 looks and sounds nice and thanks for recomeding carvins

no you buy off the site
its cheaper
Quote by metallicafan433
hi im looking for an amp suited to metallica, ozzy/randy rhoads, some acdc and alot cleaner stuff. it should be big enough to gig with and high gains with nice cleans. i could always boost it with a mxt dist. + or tubescreamer just in case ur wondering. i would like it to have reverb, at least two channels and under 750$... if i were to get a half stack the budget would be around 950$. oh and NO SOLID STATES only all tube amps. my choices are peavey valveking half stack(yes i know its big), used 5150 (maybe), any marshall, or a line 6 spider valve 212(maybe.
please no oranges, or hartke(i cant get em

When you say gigging: what size room?

Because most clubs will have their sound systems, and unless you want "to be that guy" you only need enough volume for tone. They'll give you what you need to hear through your monitor. You could gig with 75-150 watt combos in most clubs.
Quote by metallicafan433
outside gigs... dont know th size

I guess the real question, will there be some sort of sound reinforcement for the entire band, or will the PA be "vocal only"?
plus exra power is fun... just think annoying all the neighbors in the block with a loud note in the middle of the night...
Quote by BaffAttack
I guess the real question, will there be some sort of sound reinforcement for the entire band, or will the PA be "vocal only"?

if you mean microphones up to the amp? then thats a no, but definetly a microphone for vocals
Quote by metallicafan433
if you mean microphones up to the amp? then thats a no, but definetly a microphone for vocals

Well, in that case...good luck either way. Hope that PA has lots of headroom for your vocals, because it's gonna be a constant struggle to get over the rest of the band. Based of my own personal experiences, anyway.
Quote by stephen_rettie
no you buy off the site
its cheaper

Yeah, direct their prices are drastically cheaper, like 50% off normal prices.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Get a used Mesa F-30 or a used Rectoverb... those are EXACTLY what you need. I've seen em go for around what you are talking about...

In fact....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-F-30-F30-Combo-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ300211254972QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300211254972

exactly 750 for buy it now...

it has great cleans, and can really grind when you turn up the gain...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-F-30-F30-Combo-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ300211254972QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300211254972

same thing for 20 more watts... wait a second...
you sure that its loud enough to play over a loud drummer, bassist, rythym guitar up to a pa and a singer??????