Im looking for something kind of somber and brooding. Any suggestions
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
get outside?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
dont forget this one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

great composer, the tenors voice is really good for the tune
and if you can find the lyrics
man....
your set
ive not heard anything like it since
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
dont forget this one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

great composer, the tenors voice is really good for the tune
and if you can find the lyrics
man....
your set
ive not heard anything like it since

You son of a....

I like
Sarabande (Arr Hale) by Handel
Adagio for string by Samuel Barber

AND I LOVE
Montagues and Capulets by Sergei Prokofiev
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Might not agree with me here, but I find Asturias/Leyenda to be brooding and subtley dark.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Just check out a lot of Russian composers, I just saw te National Symphony Orchestra play some Russian pieces at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC the other niht, and a lot of that stuff is really dark and almost creepy sounding.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Check out NecroLust's profile on UG he has some amazing songs he put together that fit your criteria.
Quote by TheQuailman
I don't know if ti's what you are looking for but I recommend: Tschaikowski (spelling?) - 'le sacre de printemps'.

It's spelt Tchaikovsky and that piece was composed by Stravinsky anyway.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."

i phrased it well didnt I?

but seriously
Rachmanninofs 3rd
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LY4kojG0tQk
Beethovens 7th sym. 2nd mvmt.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qs5pH4GKYkI
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Wagner, Bach, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Shostakovitch, Tchaikovsky, I love that kind of classical music, the really atmospheric stuff from Eastern Europe, it's as heavy as doom metal, in fact it's very similar to doom metal.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
edvard griegs in the hall of the mountain king
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by dgervin839
Wagner, it's what Hitler listened to.

His favourite composer, I love his work. Ride of the Valkyries made Apocalypse Now what it is.

Whoever posted Beethoven's Seventh, it is wonderful, for fifteen years Beethoven has seeped into mind from my father's constant playing.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by abdulalhazred
edvard griegs in the hall of the mountain king

Grieg's piano concerto is also a wonder.

Quote by DeathForAll
"Dethharmonic" by Dethklok.

I actually agree.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
da-da-da-daaaaaaaaaaaaaa
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by JamesDouglas
It's spelt Tchaikovsky and that piece was composed by Stravinsky anyway.

The spelling is arguable and varies from country to country.
I just checked, it is by Stravinsky. Sorry, my bad.
Quote by freddaahh
Wagner, Bach, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Shostakovitch, Tchaikovsky, I love that kind of classical music, the really atmospheric stuff from Eastern Europe, it's as heavy as doom metal, in fact it's very similar to doom metal.

You can't list a bunch of composers and say they sound like Doom Metal. They have incredibly cheerful stuff as well as the darker stuff.
Quote by JamesDouglas
You can't list a bunch of composers and say they sound like Doom Metal. They have incredibly cheerful stuff as well as the darker stuff.

Well, their darker and heavier pieces of music have obviously inspired many funeral doom, black and progressive metal bands; as many elements of those composers' music are seen in the aforementioned bands' music. I'm not doubting their cheerful stuff, but this thread is about dark classical music.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Moonlight Sonata is a must and the theme song to Schinler's List(Even Though that's 20th century) check both out on youtube they're both really sad.
Quote by freddaahh
Well, their darker and heavier pieces of music have obviously inspired many funeral doom, black and progressive metal bands; as many elements of those composers' music are seen in the aforementioned bands' music. I'm not doubting their cheerful stuff, but this thread is about dark classical music.

I know, what you said just implied that TS could randomly pick any piece of their's and it would sound like an abortion.
Not classical, but
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Might satisfy you
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by JamesDouglas
I know, what you said just implied that TS could randomly pick any piece of their's and it would sound like an abortion.

Point taken.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg
Andante by J.S. Bach
Oboe Quartet in F Major - Adagio by Mozart
Most of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack (Yes, this counts as classical music too)
Dickless.
Dance of the knights by Prokofiev works great for WWII documentaries.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
adagio for strings in g minor by albinoli is perfect, i believe, for what you looking for
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all