I play anything from Santana to Yngwie Malmsteen (I try) and Lamb of God. Any good amps that can do that? I'd like to go louder than my 10w dean starter amp.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
you dont have many options, but a roland cube 15x is an awsome amp. i have one. it has good distortion and is super easy to use
I'd advise you to stick it out with your starter amp until you save up the $600-1000 that a real tube amp costs, instead of getting a cheap stop-gap that you'll have to shortly upgrade from as well.
Squier Strat
B-52 AT-212 100w tube
Boss Metal Zone

Amateur philosopher and physicist
that amp blows, i had the 2x12 version of it. i agree with derek. save your money, if you are serious about guitar. dont buy another piece of **** you will have to upgrade from again. its just a waste of money and a good way to look stupid. b-52 offers pretty affordable tube combos, 500-600 bucks. and at 100 watts, youll never need to upgrade. 100 watts in a tube amp is alot different than 100 watts on a solid state amp.
guys im 14 years old... its hard to get money, i'd like to have a better amp before im 18

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
I agree with the others.

Take a summer job or something for a month, you should have around 1000 $ when you're done. Then go buy a ****in sweet tube amp and your life is great.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by LP Addict
well if you want to be impatient and waste what little money you have, then buy a piece of crap. i made the same mistake as do most impatient teenagers who just want to blow dough.

alright I'll save up, what do you think of the Peavey Valveking 50w tube amp? $400

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
awesome amp, yoiu wont get metal out of it though. another 100 or 200 bucks and you can get the b-52 at212. that thing is a power house, triple rectifier, it has infinite tone options. you can really get anything you want out of that amp. not only is it a good starter-tube amp, but hell i would gig with one in a heartbeat. i would personally change the tubes out in it, but it sounds great stock.
awesome, thanks for the help. i'm gonna have to check it out

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
I'm buying a new amp soon too, is the Peavey Valveking still really good through a Digitech RP150 processor?
I've heard solid states are better through a processor than a tube(probably wrong, just wondering)
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Don't listen to anyone who says you can't play metal out of a Peavey VK 50w, I played one about two weeks ago at guitar center (I play mostly metal too) and it blew my mind. Completely sold on it. They're honestly great amps, and have HUGE amounts of gain. I would go for that, plus it's not incredibly expensive. You will have to upgrade if you ever want to get REALLY serious with playing, like if you start getting into professional stuff etc., but if you have that mic'd it won't be a problem.

I do agree with getting a summer job, that's what I'm planning on doing this summer and hopefully I'll come out of it with about 1k and be able to pawn off my current electric guitar, xbox 360, games, and maybe my crappy amp (I'm not sure about it because I want a practice amp, I've never been able to play the VK on lower volumes so IDK what it sounds like there) and I'm planning on buying an amp then guitar if I can get the cash. Shouldn't be a problem but I've got a ton of stuff going on this summer so idk, I may not be able to get the guitar until X-mas or my birthday, but eh, w/e.

Plus taking a summer job will only be another thing to put on your resume if you're college bound lol.
Quote by LP Addict
i dont know, if i spent lots of dough on a tube amp, i would use the amp and scrap the processor, digital kills all tone that you could ever have anyways.

What about through separate pedals then, like a delay pedal, etc.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Quote by AllanM
What about through separate pedals then, like a delay pedal, etc.

I'm pretty sure that would help, I know the Digital processors make you sound like basically one thing and one thing only esp if they are cheaper. But honestly that's the only advice I can give as I haven't tried vary many arangements of Tube amp/combo amp with pedals, I usually just run my amps dry as I can't really afford a $100 distortion/OD/delay/etc pedal lol.

From what I have read though pedals would help a great deal.
If you're looking for versatility and portability go with a Vox DA5. It may be small, but the variety of tones and effects is incredible! Not sure if it will have the volume you crave, but as a practice amp it get's plenty loud.

d-axenut