something i noticed during playing:

the tone controls on my 3 single coil strat don´t work so prominently when i play through the hi gain settings of my vox ad15vt.(the differnece in the sound isn´t really noticeable)
when i plug my les paul in the differnce of rolling off the highs( tone at 0) or leavin it all the way up(tone at 10) is much more prominent/profound.

anyone lese noticed that?
haven´t had my strat and the amp for too long so excuse if this is sumthin normal with single coils.
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
your strat likely has a .022 capacitor on your tone controls, try putting a .047 orange drop from guitarfetish.com

that is good stuff my friend. the les paul has .047s in it, and if it doesnt, it should.
i got the fender srv signature strat

do you or anyone else knows qhich capacitors are in there?

PM sloopy to join
the stock ones are supposed to be .047 to accomidate positions 2 and 4, but who knows what fender did dude. if its a reissue god only knows what is in there. back in the day they would put whatever they could get in their guitars.
alright

you wrote positions 2 and 4 -i only tried it with the neck singlecoil.

PM sloopy to join
well i dont mean it that way. with a single coil pickup you need a .022 capacitor. but with positions 2 and 4, you essentially have a humbucker, because yo uare using 2 coils, so youd need a .047 size for it.
oh alright got it

its just that i played fender amps to this date and mostly on cleanish settings and when i turned into overdrive today(literally ha ha) i was a bit confused cause the one capacitors didnt really work the way i wanted em to.

PM sloopy to join