Amp: Mark IV
Guitar: Ibanez RG550 HSH

The bridge pickup, the stock V2, seems weak to me. I have an L500XL in the bridge of my S, and it seems to have more punch and low end. The V2 lacks some balls that you frankly need for metal (read: teh br00talz)

I don't want to get another L500 because it is a big pickup and barely fits in the pickup cavities on both Ibanez's. The L500XL also has quite a bit of treble, so when I play clean I have to roll down the volume/tone knob to get rid of ear splitting high notes.

What's a good pickup that works well for metal, and isn't *too* trebly? Something high output would make sense. I'll also be keeping this guitar in D Standard for the most part.

Oh yeah. It also has to come in black
Last edited by ketiov at Mar 30, 2008,
dimarzio drop sonic
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
dimarzio drop sonic

Might consider it. Looks like it might be what I need.

Any other recommendations?
Pair of Dimarzio Breeds, they have more balls than soccer camp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Pair of Dimarzio Breeds, they have more balls than soccer camp.

This is funny. Someone in another thread said you recommend these to everyone :P

Also,, soccer camp is usually full of little boys isn't it? Those aren't real balls!
Quote by ketiov
This is funny. Someone in another thread said you recommend these to everyone :P

Also,, soccer camp is usually full of little boys isn't it? Those aren't real balls!

I was referring more to the balls they kick around...

Breeds have more lower midrange response than most pickups, balanced top end and not too much output so the sound doesn't get overly compressed, besides with a Mark IV you don't need anything particularly high output. They fit perfectly and also will be a good contrast to the L500XL.

Your Mesa is a lot better than my Ashdown, and my clips were recorded with a set neck mahogany guitar but you get the idea...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I was referring more to the balls they kick around...

Breeds have more lower midrange response than most pickups, balanced top end and not too much output so the sound doesn't get overly compressed, besides with a Mark IV you don't need anything particularly high output. They fit perfectly and also will be a good contrast to the L500XL.

Your Mesa is a lot better than my Ashdown, and my clips were recorded with a set neck mahogany guitar but you get the idea...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201

Wow I feel like an idiot haha.

I looked at the specs of a few different Dimarzio pickups, and it looks like the breed will fit what I need. A Super Distortion doesn't look like a bad choice either, but I'll consider the breed first.
the super distortion is a pretty nice pickup as well, but it might be a little more bright than what you want if you are really considering breeds.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
the super distortion is a pretty nice pickup as well, but it might be a little more bright than what you want if you are really considering breeds.

The breeds have pretty high mids and bass, but it looks like the treble isn't being drowned or anything. It looks like they might give me that extra thump I need.