i want to mod my Epiphone LP-100 so it'll sound and play better, what should i do.

im going to switch out the pickups and put on new tuners, but what should i do to the frets? i get massive fret buzz that i wish to fix, what should i do?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Chances are you have jumbo frets. Just replace them with regular frets. Then if you replace the frets and still get fret buzz, you probably need a neck adjustment.
dont replace the frets, thers alot more to it. Your neck likeley either has back-bow, or too much relief, or the chinese fretwork just absolutely blows. its likely that number 3 is your problem. take it into a guitar tech and have them do a set up and tell hem to check the fretwork. is it fret buzz? are you sure its not sympathetic buzz? (loose bolts/screws rattling around on your guitar, tuners, pickguard, etc.)
its definitely the frets, i use thick strings, so is that part of the problem?

i use 12's
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by LP Addict
you probably have pulled backbow into your neck with strings that fat. go get it looked it. sighting and adjusting a neck is to be left to professionals unless you like a ruined guitar.

This man speaks the truth. It could be any number of things. If its the truss rod you should definitely take it in and have the work done by a professional.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
so can i just bring it to guitar center and have it looked at by the guy who fixes everything?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Basically ^
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
o and if its not the neck (unlikely- epiphone necks are notoriously weak), try raising the action a little so that the strings entirely clear the frets.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by LP Addict
you probably have pulled backbow into your neck with strings that fat. go get it looked it. sighting and adjusting a neck is to be left to professionals unless you like a ruined guitar.
That's backward. Fatter strings require more tension. That causes forward bow, not backbow.

Get a straightedge and lay it against your frets. Then you can see what the problem is.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
OH, ok i got it.
lmao
i thought it was a tool or something, sorry i had a brain fart.

gotcha i will do that when i get the chance.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
When i had fretbuzz on my cheap ibanez, i adjusted the action and truss rod. Its not that hard if you read all the stuff on the internet and have a little patience to do it in small increments.
Quote by yoyodunno
When i had fretbuzz on my cheap ibanez, i adjusted the action and truss rod. Its not that hard if you read all the stuff on the internet and have a little patience to do it in small increments.

did it work?
you forgot to mention that part.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by yoyodunno
Haha, yeah it worked!
Maybe not exact as good as a pro would do it but its probably close. I also did the intonation too.

lol, ok.
just making sure.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I have the same LP 100 and epi puts no effort into set up on those guitars. So thats the first thing you should try. See about getting the frets leveled as thats another step epi skips when building lower priced guitars. And sometimes the short scale guitars dont like really heavy strings may want to try some 10s for a while maybe 11s or the 10s with a wound G.
Yes that was what I meant by short scale. LPs have the shorter 24 3/4 scale versus the strat 25.5. Doesnt seem like alot of difference but there is.