How do you get overs writers block and just write something(as in songs). I can make quick stuff, intros, but they don't sound as good as my old songs at all. I can come up with pretty good stuff in my head, but can't put it to guitar tab, or guitar anymore I used to be able to have amazing songs just come to me, now I...don't.
Try putting on some music thats both something you've never listened to before and nothing like what you want to write, grab your guitar and jam along. Don't try and keep track of what your doing, just jam out until something strikes you as rather good.
Maybe a change in approach to your songwriting would help. Try starting from different points like try coming up with a chord progression then writing a melody around it, then try it the other way to see how your results differ. If you're writing songs alone, maybe writing with someone else will change your perspective. You could also create your own backing tracks first and then writing your parts around them. Or you could come up with ideas for a song before you actually write any of the parts eg. write out the structure before hand, thinking about which sections will be in which key, tempo and dynamics changes, what style you're going to play different parts in, etc. Then pick up your guitar and start writing parts around your specifications.

That's just a few ideas. They're not guaranteed to work but in my experience I've found a change in the way I look at things (not just when it comes to music) to be beneficial.

I can come up with pretty good stuff in my head, but can't put it to guitar tab, or guitar anymore

I'd definately suggest learning more theory and getting to know the fretboard better. The Theory FAQ stickied at the top would be a good place to start.
i go through that too, just kinda take a break from TRYING to write stuff.
Learn some new songs/licks and stuff and then youll find you come up with even more awesome stuff
Top lel.
Quote by 1crazyboy7
How do you get overs writers block and just write something(as in songs). I can make quick stuff, intros, but they don't sound as good as my old songs at all. I can come up with pretty good stuff in my head, but can't put it to guitar tab, or guitar anymore I used to be able to have amazing songs just come to me, now I...don't.

Just chill and jam. That's it. It'll come to you. Go relax, play some football, get drunk. It'll come to you.
personally i listen to different kinds of music i like. i try bombard myself with music other than just metal. oftentimes i'll stop and think "if i were to put a keyboard here what would i do with it, or what if i put a horn here or a harp" it helps me think about it more like music and less like guitar.
Do something else for a while without thinking about songwriting, and the urge to write songs will come back when you least expect it.
If I have writers block, I just start improvising. If I get something good going, I'll build on that.

Quote by z4twenny
personally i listen to different kinds of music i like. i try bombard myself with music other than just metal. oftentimes i'll stop and think "if i were to put a keyboard here what would i do with it, or what if i put a horn here or a harp" it helps me think about it more like music and less like guitar.

This is also very helpful.
I find the biggest contributor to writers block is the constant set of distractions of everyday life. Work, friends, internet, teaching, learning a song for a gig, etc.

1. Get in your car and drive somewhere where nobody will know where you are. Bring your guitar. It doesn't have to be far. Turn off your cell phone and for goodness sake, don't turn on the radio. Try a new environment.

2. Go hang out in a coffee shop, cafe, cafeteria, pub, whatever. Bring a book and pretend to read while you enjoy a nice hot java. You're not reading, though, because you've strategically sat yourself in the middle of a bunch of other tables, close enough where you can eavesdrop on their conversations. Every now and again, turn a page so you don't blow your cover. Just listen to what's going on around you.

A couple, anyways. Crap.... if I only had time to do those two things.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.