Page 1 of 2
yeh i want o get aother amp cuz my amp now sucks(first act pice o shheet)
is this a joke? Dear god, I hope so.....
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
You're comparing a $2700 stack with a $500 stack...it's pretty obvious which one is better....
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Uhm...

Krankenstein...

But, if you can afford that, have fun!
First Act Guitar (sounds like it) through a Krankenstein should sound...

what's the word?

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
crap i thought it was only1000 bucks but 3000 buck god that sick
God, it makes me question the world when people like this get nice things.
Funny words.
i know what you mean dude. this kids gonna grow up to be 30 living in his parents basement, fat, long greasey black hair, doing sweeps watching killswitch engage interviews on a dvd over and over.
Good for you...now work for your stuff.

I had to work for my BCR Custom guitar...

Not exactly a cheap guitar either (1,300USD), just work for your own ****, man. It'll build character and it's a good life lesson.

Don't rely on others.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Yeah dude this has gotta be a joke, but in all seriousness the Krank. If you really like the Spider III go for it but IMO it's really polar sounding.

But uh, before you post next time please learn some grammar and yeah, work for your own stuff. If your parents pitch in a bit OK, great. But don't just make them buy you a huge half stack. But oh well, I suppose no one will be able to make the decision for you.
i totally recommend going with the mgdfx100 halfstack instead of either of those. My friend has one and the overdrive is CRUSHING!!!

/sarcasm
man when my kids turn 13 im never going to spoil them like this kid.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The Krankenstein isn't a very good amp, and Spiders are... well. Even worse. I'd go for a Randall RM100M and find a cab with V30's.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Marshall JCM900 or Super LEAD is all i have to say to you man...
Quote by devit
i dont wna show off but my paretns are rich, really rich,

dude,just get a real amp not guitar hero endorsed crap ok Marshall or anything that i not Krank or Line 6 ok...
Quote by jwax
dude,just get a real amp not guitar hero endorsed crap ok Marshall or anything that i not Krank or Line 6 ok...

What does GH have to do with this? And what's wrong with Krank and Line 6? Both make good amps, it's just that the Krankenstein and most Spiders aren't examples of that. Krank has the Revolution One, and Line 6 has the Flextone III, Vetta II, Spider Valve, and HD147.

But I still stand by my Randall suggestion. Marshall JCM2000's are awesome, but the Randall is a bit more versatile.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Jealous jealous people make me laugh. Just because you had to work for your gear (I did too, I'm in that position) doesn't mean you should pick on a kid because his folks have the money. If I had parents that could buy me all the gear I wanted, you're damn right I'd have an amazing rig right now.

Anyways, threadstarter, what sort of music do you play?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^its him showing it off that pisses people off.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
wit teh gramor liek tat yu disrve a MG
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
Electro-Voice Eliminator dual 15 x2
Quote by mafropetee
What does GH have to do with this? And what's wrong with Krank and Line 6? Both make good amps, it's just that the Krankenstein and most Spiders aren't examples of that. Krank has the Revolution One, and Line 6 has the Flextone III, Vetta II, Spider Valve, and HD147.

But I still stand by my Randall suggestion. Marshall JCM2000's are awesome, but the Randall is a bit more versatile.

because krank and line 6 amps are the only ones used on GH as far as I know.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
well, congrats that u can b handed anything u want, im just warning u, dont get used to it later on in life

but back to the topic at hand... get the krank. if i had the $$$ i would have a krank or a mesa rite now. actually, **** the krank. get a mesa/boogie mark 4
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Not to spam, but how is the Rev Jr stack?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
2 quick questions....

#1. How did you come to pick between those two amps?

#2. How long have you been playing? Are you actually good enough to warrant having a halfstack? I wouldn't get one until I needed one to gig with or something, not just to show off to my friends.

oh heck....

#3. Where did you learn grammar?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
This little bastard probably doesn't even know how to play. Asking which is better? HA.
if anyone got offended when i show off im sorry ok. i ddint intend to please forgive. Have u guys never made a mistake in ur life cuz i just did. Anyways my iisue with the krankenstein is that itl take way more time to get . cuz my father will come on with a 25%/75% . or something along the lines. And my amp is driving me NUTS i cant stand it so i think ill get the line 6 or a crate 120w the ones around 400 bucks. Then ill save to get the krankenstein. And ill try buy it by myself. But really there not much i can do to get money at the age of 14. Specially in Mexico.(yes i live in mexico and i dont go to school in a donkey)
Man, you seriously are in No need of a half-stack. Believe me, useless unless you gig in front of tons of people. Especially 120 watts, my 100 is too much for me, that's why I'm getting a better sounding 60 watt Engl. If your parents are willing to get you something, then get a combo or a 2X12 with a lower wattage head, you will regret buying a high watt amp.
Quote by devit
if anyone got offended when i show off im sorry ok. i ddint intend to please forgive. Have u guys never made a mistake in ur life cuz i just did. Anyways my iisue with the krankenstein is that itl take way more time to get . cuz my father will come on with a 25%/75% . or something along the lines. And my amp is driving me NUTS i cant stand it so i think ill get the line 6 or a crate 120w the ones around 400 bucks. Then ill save to get the krankenstein. And ill try buy it by myself. But really there not much i can do to get money at the age of 14. Specially in Mexico.(yes i live in mexico and i dont go to school in a donkey)

Are you going to be playing with a band? Say gigs or even practice with a loud drummer? if not then you don't really need a halfstack. You could get the Line6 spider III , and save a ****load of money. But that's up to you.

Also It's ON a donkey, I'm sure none of us would like to be IN a donkey.
yes im in a band anr our drummer is loud as hell and i cant hear myself playin. infact we cant hera ourslef play cuz hes to loud
Quote by devit
yes im in a band anr our drummer is loud as hell and i cant hear myself playin. infact we cant hera ourslef play cuz hes to loud

If you are in fact in a band then a tube combo 2x12 50 to 75 watt is all you need. If you gig more than likely the house is going to mic you so it won't be a problem. You will regret buying a half stack because of tube physics. They sounds better when they are cranked up to the absolute loudest volume (where solid state amps generally sound worse as you increase the volume) so if you go out and buy a 120w half stack and you only play small gigs, you'll only ever have it at like 4-5. If you buy a 50w tube combo you'll be playing that same gig at maybe 6-8, which will sound MUCH better through a tube. If you get a solid state thought (the Crate or Spider) then you want to go with as much wattage as you can because the closer you get to the amps maximum wattage the worse the amp will sound.

All in all, you really want a tube amp, but unless you are going to be playing to STADIUMS of people, you don't need more than MAYBE 75 watts. It's just too much power.

I have played both of the amps; I dislike the Line 6, and the Krank was pretty nice. With the Krank you had IMMENSE gain. It was insane. It's just way too much amp for me to use. With the Line 6, everything sounded the same. I'd never use it besides in my bedroom. It all sounds digital (almost like a synth), and it was a hell of a hard time to navigate with all the presets, which were ****. Plus, the controls didn't seem to really do much; it sounded pretty much the same where ever you had them, which was bad.

So, on the note of all the sarcasm, it's more than likely the fact that your English is, well, terrible. I'm not claiming perfection; as I'm sure someone can find quite a few grammatical errors in this post, but your spelling skills are atrocious. Use spell check atleast please. It makes it easier for all of us so we don't have to decode what you're saying.

And I'm with the guy above, I hope to god you don't go to school IN a donkey... 'Cause man, that's gotta be one sore ass!
Quote by edusty2010
If you are in fact in a band then a tube combo 2x12 50 to 75 watt is all you need. If you gig more than likely the house is going to mic you so it won't be a problem. You will regret buying a half stack because of tube physics. They sounds better when they are cranked up to the absolute loudest volume (where solid state amps generally sound worse as you increase the volume) so if you go out and buy a 120w half stack and you only play small gigs, you'll only ever have it at like 4-5. If you buy a 50w tube combo you'll be playing that same gig at maybe 6-8, which will sound MUCH better through a tube. If you get a solid state thought (the Crate or Spider) then you want to go with as much wattage as you can because the closer you get to the amps maximum wattage the worse the amp will sound.

All in all, you really want a tube amp, but unless you are going to be playing to STADIUMS of people, you don't need more than MAYBE 75 watts. It's just too much power.

I have played both of the amps; I dislike the Line 6, and the Krank was pretty nice. With the Krank you had IMMENSE gain. It was insane. It's just way too much amp for me to use. With the Line 6, everything sounded the same. I'd never use it besides in my bedroom. It all sounds digital (almost like a synth), and it was a hell of a hard time to navigate with all the presets, which were ****. Plus, the controls didn't seem to really do much; it sounded pretty much the same where ever you had them, which was bad.

So, on the note of all the sarcasm, it's more than likely the fact that your English is, well, terrible. I'm not claiming perfection; as I'm sure someone can find quite a few grammatical errors in this post, but your spelling skills are atrocious. Use spell check atleast please. It makes it easier for all of us so we don't have to decode what you're saying.

And I'm with the guy above, I hope to god you don't go to school IN a donkey... 'Cause man, that's gotta be one sore ass!

try tiping with broken arms. then will talk
if you have broken arms, why are you looking for better guitar gear?

heal up and come back later.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Page 1 of 2