The thing from guitar world is it believable?
i've been trying by myself for maybe a month to teach myself by just tabbing random stuff but i've got maybe 5 chords right?
and if it isn't what's a better way to teach myself?
jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
you cant teach yourself the Perfect Pitch.. u either have it or u dont..

u can teach yourself some thing else.. cant remember wat its called... but its close to the Perfect Pitch.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
you can teach yourself relative pitch i think.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Don't believe those ads. Seriously the guy in that ad is to stupid looking to believe.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by an epic mistake

correct. i've come close to relative pitch. i can usually get notes right if i start on E or C. if im sick though forget it.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by an epic mistake

thats wat its called
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
There is no such thing as perfect pitch. A person can come very close to the desired pitch but due to so many intricate calculations in regards to sound waves and the relative of a pitch to another, is impossible to have it 'perfect'. If you want to be able to train your ear you should start doing things like these: play any note (doesn't matter which) with your instrument and try singing it, then later come back to your instrument and sing the note then play it to check how close you get, repeat the process everyday a few times a day even just once a day until you can get very close. Another thing you can do is with intervals, play two notes and try to figure out how many half-steps are between them; start out with notes that are maybe 1-3 half-steps away from each other and without looking at the instrument play one note then the other and using your ear figure out how many half-steps there are. Try this stuff everyday for a few minutes, then try it harder as you progress.

Hope that helps!
i have between relative and perfect pitch. I know that the bell that rings to dismiss classes at my school is an E and it's slightly sharper than what would be in standard A - 440, but I can't always name a pitch when it's played to me.

a friend of mine who graduated last year has PERFECT perfect pitch. i love quizzing him by playing random notes on a guitar, and he gets every single one correct