Page 1 of 2
i think it looks kinda cool too...if i won it in a contest i would definitely keep it and wouldnt have a problem playing it in public
I guess it weights almost nothing
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I think it looks kinda cool too...I bet it sounds like raped asshole, but it looks cool...

EDIT: Actually, it may sound pretty good. I only read up until it said it was made of carbon haha. Ebony fingerboard, supposedly better harmonic frequenies than wood...Eh, it'd be interesting to hear it, that's for sure
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Mar 30, 2008,
Being carbon fibre it may actually sound really really good. ANd I mean really good.
Looks cool to me. Too bad it costs over 2k.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I couldn't find out how much this "lightweight" guitar weighs. It thought it would be neat to see if it weighed less than the 4 pound yamaha RGX A2. I bet it is 4 times as expensive though.
It weighs ~4 lb, sounds amazing, looks awesome, but there are some flaws for me as a player, as I use 7-Strings, and I'm relatively poor.
It costs $3,750.99.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Physics wise it should sound way better than a wooden one. I'd like to try one, although the most id spend is like 2k.
Completely in carbon fiber? Is that included the neck and fretboard? Wouldn't that be stupid since it would make any truss rod adjustment to be almost impossible.
Quote by nyandres
Physics wise it should sound way better than a wooden one. I'd like to try one, although the most id spend is like 2k.

too bad physics doesnt determine the tone ppl love

wood FTW
Quote by nt1440
too bad physics doesnt determine the tone ppl love

wood FTW

so you love woodies? LMAO
sorry I couldnt resist.

But perhaps it sounds indeed nicer than any of the wood guitars.
I'm not sure on the look, however i bet it is excellent to play and probably sounds great
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I can't decide whether it looks awful or okay. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it actually looks good.

EDIT: I just looked at it again, and it's kind of hideous.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
It looks excellent IMO, would be cool to play some prog on that I think people are SO conservative when it comes to guitars. Either conservative or just like pointy guitars. True innovation seems to scare alot of guitarists. If it sounds better, then that's what matters. I know alot of people who are against Parker Fly's etc for the same reason, just because it's not what they're used to.

Like Morello said, "at the end of the day, it's just a piece of wood with strings on it"...or in this case carbon fibre, but the point stands that people get too defensive/protective/conservate about guitars IMO.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
interesting.. i wonder how it'd sound?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It looks interesting, but I doubt it sounds in any way superior to a wooden guitar.

And even if it did, people would stick to the old-school guitars.

Did the line 6 Variax, Fender VG, Gibson Digital and Robot guitars catch on? Nope.

EDIT: watched the video. It does sound nice, but nothing we'd never heard before.
Quote by Kurapica
It looks excellent IMO, would be cool to play some prog on that I think people are SO conservative when it comes to guitars. Either conservative or just like pointy guitars. True innovation seems to scare alot of guitarists. If it sounds better, then that's what matters. I know alot of people who are against Parker Fly's etc for the same reason, just because it's not what they're used to.

Like Morello said, "at the end of the day, it's just a piece of wood with strings on it"...or in this case carbon fibre, but the point stands that people get too defensive/protective/conservate about guitars IMO.

I think you're right about people being conservative, but the reason they are is because they are used to it. Guitars are personal things, and people are used to the designs they grew up with.
If you look at the most popular models today, like the Stratocaster and Les Paul, they're both over 50 years old! If something designed 50 years ago is still the industry standard today, then it must be a pretty good design, don't you think?
Are there any other designs in ANY field of technology that have survived this long without losing popularity?
Last edited by sashki at Mar 30, 2008,
Quote by sashki
It looks interesting, but I doubt it sounds in any way superior to a wooden guitar.

And even if it did, people would stick to the old-school guitars.

Did the line 6 Variax, Fender VG, Gibson Digital and Robot guitars catch on? Nope.

EDIT: watched the video. It does sound nice, but nothing we'd never heard before.

I think you're right about people being conservative, but the reason they are is because they are used to it. Guitars are personal things, and people are used to the designs they grew up with.
If you look at the most popular models today, like the Stratocaster and Les Paul, they're both over 50 years old! If something designed 50 years ago is still the industry standard today, then it must be a pretty good design, don't you think?
Are there any other designs in ANY field of technology that have survived this long without losing popularity?

Oh, I'm not saying that what we've currently got is bad, but there's always scope for change and development. I mean, hell, I use a valve amp so people may call me a hypocrit for that, but it's just a case of using the best gear that's out there. If that sounds better, then I'd go for that. I'd need to play it myself though to make a proper decision, judging through compressed soundfiles on Youtube is no way to make a judgement, I'm sure you'll agree
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by sashki

That's because they're very expensive.
Eh,

1. Old news, that article is ****ing pretentious like nobodies business. The whole "handle" gimmick is pretty old and definitely nothing revolutionary. The only thing that may be revolutionary is the full carbon fiber thing it has going on but then again I wouldn't necessarily call that revolutionary anyways since I'm sure someone has thought about making a guitar out of all carbon but never decided to go through with it since it wouldn't be practical and it would definitely be expensive.

2. Also handle guitars rarely are lookers anyways: http://fershop.net/images/stabilizer_slv_b.jpg
... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
CARBON FIBER would likely sound better than wood because of its properties. It has FAR FAR more resonance. Im pretty sure It sounds A LOT better than wood guitars. Unless too much resonance, creates a weird sound
If they were like dirt cheap I'd consider it...

When I first saw the picture I thought it was horrible, but I could get used to it. The metal parts around the bridge and pickups kinda take away from it though.
Quote by 67_67
... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You too?
I thought I was the only one.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
the only thing that turns me off is the extremley thick neck. I hate thick necks.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2