I've been looking at this guitar for a while now, i can get a pretty good deal on it from GAK (i'm in the uk), and im thinking of getting it. Theres a few issues that are delaying me;

1) thats one sweet paint job, but i cant decide between the blue and the red - there arnt enough pictures around on the net for me to see what the colours look like from different angles in different lighting, and no local guitar shops seem to stock it

2) the edge III - ive had some experience of it, and i know it sucks, but would it be a serious problem in the long term? And how difficult/expensive would it be to replace with an OFR or a kahler?

3) The neck - would it be heavier than the body? i stopped myself from getting an ESP or a jackson on account of how incredibly uncomfortable i find it when the neck keeps sliding down. I much prefer the vintage weighting of guitars, where you put it on and it stays where you put it. The few ibanez's ive played seem quite symmetrically balanced, but on the other hand, most of the "extreme" guitars ive played have been neck-heavy. Again, lack of stock in local guitar shops prevent me from finding out for myself

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone who's played one or has owned one could help answer my questions. Thanks
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
2.) I'm not sure if the Edge III is compatable with an OFR, but I know you would have to get some body work to get a Kahler installed. They're slightly different builds, last I recall. You may want to try to find an Edge Pro instead of an OFR, though.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
2.) I'm not sure if the Edge III is compatable with an OFR, but I know you would have to get some body work to get a Kahler installed. They're slightly different builds, last I recall. You may want to try to find an Edge Pro instead of an OFR, though.
what are the edge pro's like?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
The kahler would be an absolute bitch to install over an Edge 3, as you'd have to fill in the cavity. It's an OK bridge until it wears out if you set it up properly. Luckily, it's a direct refit for an Edge Pro when it does give up the ghost.

Unless I'm much mistaken, it's a mahogany body, which should counter any neck-heaviness. I'd suggest seeing if you can't try one in a shop around where you are.

Can't help you for the paint job. I'd go for red myself though

Quote by jeowy
what are the edge pro's like?

As good as if not better than Original Floyd Roses. They're actually a little heavier, so more sustain; they're also low-profile, so you wouldn't be palming the fine-tuners all the time. They're one of the best floating bridges on the market.
Quote by webbtje
The kahler would be an absolute bitch to install over an Edge 3, as you'd have to fill in the cavity. It's an OK bridge until it wears out if you set it up properly. Luckily, it's a direct refit for an Edge Pro when it does give up the ghost.

Unless I'm much mistaken, it's a mahogany body, which should counter any neck-heaviness. I'd suggest seeing if you can't try one in a shop around where you are.

Can't help you for the paint job. I'd go for red myself though

As good as if not better than Original Floyd Roses. They're actually a little heavier, so more sustain; they're also low-profile, so you wouldn't be palming the fine-tuners all the time. They're one of the best floating bridges on the market.
ultra-helpful post FTW
Quote by mr.happyman
I've play it like twice because of a student in my college and the red color is very nice in my opinion but i don't know about the blue one. The Edge III has bad reputation but you can change it and install an Edge Pro which is a great bridge, as good as an OFR in my opinion just different feel, and the neck/body balance, well I hate to say it but the time I played it with a strap and standing up, the neck did get a bit heavier than the body, but that's really my only complaint about the whole guitar, it's very nice otherwise. Btw, i saw a video of someone with that guitar and to make it more balanced he took out the strap button form behind the horn closest to the neck and placed it right on the tip of the horn, apparently that helped but idk if you wantto do that.
Quote by TrasherFromHell
. Btw, i saw a video of someone with that guitar and to make it more balanced he took out the strap button form behind the horn closest to the neck and placed it right on the tip of the horn, apparently that helped but idk if you wantto do that.

That's true. Quite a lot of people mod their SGs that way for better stability too.
would drilling holes in a guitar like that cause any damage?
Quote by mr.happyman
that was the most to-the-point post ive ever read on UG

EDIT: shouldnt you be getting back to your trolling now?
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
would drilling holes in a guitar like that cause any damage?

No, but you have to be careful when you do it, make sure you drill the hole straight into the body 'cause you want the whole to go through one side of the guitar but is not that hard. And also fill in the other hole with some wood filler, and that's it not too difficult.